will this xover work for my comp set?

Participant count
  • Participant list
The second one will work, the first will not.

I'm assuming you're looking at doing an active setup??

If you're looking for a basic education on crossovers and what they do, hit the link in the bottom of my sig. I tried to keep it exceedingly simple.

ok so then from what i gather i need a bandpass filter, not just a highpass or a lowpass filter

but in the 2nd crossover , the "front" only has highpass, while the "rear" is the one with bandpass... so i would use the "rear' as my fronts with that specific eq? or am i completly wrong?

I'm not following you. The highpass (front) will be used to run the tweeters. The bandpass (rear) will be used to run the midbasses.

Give me more details on what you're trying to accomplish.

ohh ok i get you...

i thaught the front and rear was just that... seperated the front and rear speakers... i dident know it represented the front = tweeter , and rear = midwoofer....

i get it now... im not really tryin to go active if i can avoid it ... can i use this crossover with a 2channel amp (the tt2300 in my sig...) i dont want to spend more than i have to...

so this eq would go between the headunit and amp... rca's from headunit run to the eq... then rcas from eq goto the amp?

Okay, I'm still not sure what you're trying to accomplish. That unit is designed to run a set of speakers active. So, if you're not planning on running active, then I don't know what you need a crossover for.

To clarify what the crossover does though, it takes the signal from the front preouts of your head unit, and applies a crossover network to that signal. The same happens for the rear, and the subwoofer preouts straight to amps. That signal is then transferred to the amp. You need an amp on each of the sets of preouts, just like you would if you ran all 3 sets of your preouts. So, no that crossover would require a minimum of 6 channels of amplification to work.

Please tell me what you're trying to accomplish so we can get this worked out.

Okay, I'm still not sure what you're trying to accomplish. That unit is designed to run a set of speakers active. So, if you're not planning on running active, then I don't know what you need a crossover for.
To clarify what the crossover does though, it takes the signal from the front preouts of your head unit, and applies a crossover network to that signal. The same happens for the rear, and the subwoofer preouts straight to amps. That signal is then transferred to the amp. You need an amp on each of the sets of preouts, just like you would if you ran all 3 sets of your preouts. So, no that crossover would require a minimum of 6 channels of amplification to work.

Please tell me what you're trying to accomplish so we can get this worked out.
i need a crossover so i can run my dayton 7" mids and vifa tweets... can you help me find one just to do that? i would prefer passive, so i can stay with my 2 channel amp

Okay, a passive crossover, and an active crossover are two totally different animals. They basically accomplish the same end result, but they do it two different ways.

A 2-way passive crossover splits one signal into two and sends the appropriate frequencies to each driver.

An active crossover doesn't do any splitting. It just takes an input signal, applies a crossover frequency and then sends that to be amplified. There are no active crossovers that act like a passive crossover.

It looks like you have some A/D/S crossovers. Are those not working? The Dayton RS180 is a very hard driver to work with. I don't know which Vifa tweet you're using, but unless it's a large format of some sort, it probably won't match well with the RS180s.

no i dont hvae the a/d/s crossovers, they were never shipped , the website cancelled the order because it dident exceed the minimum cost of shipping a product or something...

these are the tweets i have

Vifa Logic AC25TG05-04

Don't know how much you can get for that TT2300 amp, but maybe consider doing so and getting this one to run with that ICBM active xover? That's a great deal on a pretty decent amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.