Will this sub work with this amp...

400 watts is a suitable ammount of power in either scenario.

The only place you may be concerned with is the ohm load presented by each sub at the amp. Most standard subwoofers are the single 4 ohm type, which when ran in pairs would equal either a 4 ohm stereo, 8 ohm mono, or 2 ohm mono load at the amp; when wired in stereo, series, paralel, respectively.

take it easy,

-zane

400 watts? 300RMS? Are you shure? If the amp says 400 watts peak it wont be 300 watts RMS. it will be only 141.1 watts RMS peak power is what manufacturers put there to impress people RMS means. (Root Mid Scuare) the part the Amp. will really use without distortion. this is my tip of the day for free. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

the amp is a profile....let the slamming begin. lol..it's not my main amp though. i'm just working on puting a cheaper system in my old car, cuz i'm selling it, and my friend agreed to buy it if it has a mediocre system...so i'm just using one of my old amps

Again, you should be allright.

Profile makes some incredibly good "Bang for the Buck" amps. I am in fact using a Baja 600 powering a Rockford Punch HE2 15 in my sisters car. No complaints or problems for the last year and a half it has been installed.

Just keep the amp above 2 ohms and it will work fine.

take it easy,

-zane

So the 400w amp will power either 2 lower grade 10's or a single 12" fine? Ok, well in this case, which will be more suitable...meaning, more suitable for my music and my friend's musical preferance (remember, i'm not keeping this system..just putting it in for a friend in my old car). I, as well as he, listen to mostly rock, hard rock, alt, and some rap. mostly rock-type music though. So, would two 10's or a single twelve sound better? I still like a deep, full bass that fills the car, but still gives good sound quality and compliments the music. any help would be great

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.