Will this sound like crap?

lucafu

Ok I got this box that will fit in my trunk. The only reason Main reason I wanted this is to hide my nitrous bottle. So this box has 2 10's and the back is open. The nitous bottle is inside the box as well as a small amp. Is this gonna sound crappy or will it be ok? It was a sealed box but now the back panel is removed. What do you all think?

Are the subs capable of handling an IB setup? If so, I don't think you will have any problems. You may want to do the best you can to seal off the trunk from the front cabin with the sub box in the middle of the two.
All subs I've seen in an IB setup were still "sealed" off. Example. Subs were facing up in trunk with a huge piece of wood cover the entire trunk.

Im not sure what IB is.

Im using JL Audio 10w1v2-4 (something like that)

Like I said I only have then to Hide my bottle, thats why the back is open.

I just was curious if it would sound like complete ass. I figured I might as well try but Im no expert at all.

Thanks

The W1s are not good in an IB setup. Your best bet would be to build a false floor to hide the bottle.

IB = Infinite Baffle. A loudspeaker baffle of infinite space that has no openings for the passage of sound from the front to the back of the speaker. Also, a sealed enclosure where the internal volume is greater than the Vas of the driver.

Build the box to go up and over the bottle. Make a Removeable panel to cover it. When it's time to fill the bottle, remove the panel and slide the bottle out the end.

Is there any speakers out there that would work better?
No, because your plan isn't really suited to work well in an automotive enviornment. You're not making the subs perform IB, you just have a box with a big-ass hole in the back of it, and no subwoofer is going to perform well in that circumstance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.