Will this setup work?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Right now I have a Skar TXL 10 being pushed by a Skar SK 1500 at .5 ohms. It under my back seat in a 01 Silverado. I barley use my back seat so I'm going to sacrifice it and put 2 15s in separate boxes. If I need my seat I'll take the 15s out and put the 10 back in. My questions are can I run 2 15s at .5 ohms with this amp until I can find another one to buy. Everyone is out of stock. Im sure the amp will be working alot harder than the ten its pushing now. When I do find one I'll use one amp to one sub and run them at 1ohm. Next question is what sub's. I plan on putting them in around 3.5- 4.0 cu ft each. I'm seriously considering Soundqubed hdc3s. I have been reading good things about them. I feel they will play decent with one amp until I can find another one and the price cant be beat. Any input would be appreciated. Thx

As long as you have the proper space and electrical, the skar will be fine. The separate boxes will be fine also. As far as getting subs, just get some VVXs if you want to stick with skar and get dual 2's and wire down to half ohm. They can take it no problem.

I doubt the VVXs will be as loud as the hdc3s. Also you think the VVXs can take a SK1500 at 1ohm cause as soon as I can buy another amp I'll be putting one amp to each sub. I'm trying to get as loud as I can without blowing the equipment. Maybe the DDXs would be a better choice. Yes I have the electrical 1st thing I did.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.