Coil sizes - hopefully someone can help me

Participant count
  • Participant list

MadMenace

I'm looking for the ID and OD for a Soundqubed HDC4.

the reason Im inquiring is because I asked Sq and didn't get an answer, I have 2 Orion Hccaspl motors that were rebuilt into custom 18s with hdc4 baskets, and inevitably one went out. The idiot that built them just used whatever he had on hand that would fit at the time, which was apparently a set of 1 off coils he had had made some time in the past, so now I'm left with one working bastard sub and they both need rebuilt. I'm hoping the hdc4 18 droppins will just fit and work, but $400 is a lot to drop on hope it will fit.

so if anyone happens to have a blown one and a pair of calipers, or a link to the information requested, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks guys

how long did you give sq to get back with you ??

every time i e-mail them i always get a response within a day, 2 at max.

e-mail them again just in case. or better yet call them. they are great guys...

sorry cant help with hdc4 coil dia. i have there hdc3 15" love there subs.

good luck.

I got a response, but they don't want to just tell me that because I don't intend on putting it in an hdc4, but a bastard like "custom" sub.

I'd prefer if I just had hdc4s instead of these things anyway, I hate rebuilt slapped together parts by people with no education knowledge or brain, like the guy that built these

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.