Will this headunit improve my SQ? details inside

his doors are not deadened. neither are mine. this is all purely for highs. as for my HU vs his, his is better than mine. mine was cheap. only like 130.00 it was a budget HU. and after I set my EQ like his, the quality improved 100%. no deadening on either car. and i never said mine ******, it was good. his just sounded alot better. and more than one person told me a better HU would help with this ordeal. and when i say better, no i dont mean louder. mine is plenty loud.

yes different vehicle but same equipment. neither of us have subwoofers, everything is the same except out headunits. i dont think diff vehicles will make one of them sound cleaner, and clearer. that usualy goes for subwoofers.. some vehivles get louder while others dont. i dont think this appys to highs (no midbass either)
So if he doesn't have subs, what were installed under his seats that were making the truck "loud as ****" then?

And the vehicle has a HUGE effect on the bass, mids, and highs. Mounting locations, objects inside the car, air inside the car, width of the car, depth of the dash, shape of the dash, materials in the car, etc., and I could go on and on.

Using the same headunit, amp, speakers, and crossovers, I had completely different sound going from one hatch back coupe to another hatch back coupe ('93 240sx to a '99 Integra). Those are very similar cars yet one had a very laid back sound with a ton of midbass and soft yet detailed highs while the other car had piercing highs, lacking midbass, and a ton of more output. Nothing at all changed with the configuration except the vehicle. The EQ settings had to change drastically to get decent sound in the Integra and it was never like the 240sx. Period.

yea sorry. typo. he does have subwoofers. nobodys answering my question really, excepy one person. will this eclipse HU (or enother high end HU) improve the quality of sound i get from my components?

the simple answer you are looking for that no one will give you is yes, a better head unit will sound better. They are just being annoying because there are 2000 variables and everyone on this site thinks they are a audio genius and wants to feel good about themselves by putting down people that dont know as much. which is why i stopped even caring about this forum.

the simple answer you are looking for that no one will give you is yes, a better head unit will sound better. They are just being annoying because there are 2000 variables and everyone on this site thinks they are a audio genius and wants to feel good about themselves by putting down people that dont know as much. which is why i stopped even caring about this forum.
touche!

if you're looking for a better SQ HU and like Clarion look into the DRX or DRZ9255. he'll want one like yours. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

touche!
if you're looking for a better SQ HU and like Clarion look into the DRX or DRZ9255. he'll want one like yours. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
2 much over my budget. ill either get the Eclipse CD4000 or CD5000. the 5000 is a lil cheaper than the 4000.

Some of those 'geniuses' are actually try to help him by giving him real advice because the OP's question is a little more complicated than yes or no.

Obviously you don't have too much experience with different driver locations or tuning a system if you blow of the most important side of car audio off like that.

the OP was being "put down" because he wasn't and still isn't listening to anyone who won't give him the answer he wants. He's being a woman

Some of those 'geniuses' are actually try to help him by giving him real advice because the OP's question is a little more complicated than yes or no.
Obviously you don't have too much experience with different driver locations or tuning a system if you blow of the most important side of car audio off like that.

the OP was being "put down" because he wasn't and still isn't listening to anyone who won't give him the answer he wants. He's being a woman
um im listening to everybody and i havent said anything negative to any of the answers. so how im being a woman.... i have no clue. im taking in all of the answers, and i asked my question the way i needed it answered. so i dont know what the hell your talking about

the only unit you mentions that will be an upgrade and worthwhile would be the cd5000, and its on sale at woofers so i say get it if you have the cash.

A headunit like that with a 7 band eq and TA will allow you to ditch your external eq. TA can help you imaging a ton if you use it correctly.

But like was said and im not trying to be a dick but no matter how much you spend it will not help a thing if the install is poorly done. deaden you doors, it will make a huge difference

Okay woman... calm down. Instal is vehicle dependent. Just think that if you were looking at a chart at how the frequencies are being played it would be a bunch of peaks and dips. You want to tame those peaks and dips as much as possible and as much to your taste as possible. Now, some one correct me if im wrong, but an environment has much to do with the roughness of the graph. Im trying to get at is that you both of have different vehicles, different environments and different responses from your equipment.

So copying his eq settings probably made a huge improvement but you can tune your eq properly to your car that would sound even better, of course to your tastes. All im trying to say is that yes, i guess a HU can 'improve' your sound but you still dont understand the fundamentals of tuning a system, which really brings your sound to life.

Or how about we're trying to help him not make a useless purchase, wasting his time and money?

The answer isn't "yes" and the answer isn't "no" because it is all based on the installation and the setup of the equipment.

A higher end headunit could sound like crap in his hands if he doesn't know what he's doing. He obviously has no clue about how to set things up if he just randomly matched EQ settings with somebody else who has a completely different vehicle. This isn't an attack or insult, it is just the truth. There is nothing wrong with not knowing something but to expect a new headunit to magically make things sound completely different is just not the right way to go about things.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.