Will this amp work with two 12" W7 ?

oh subs are svc so yeah u be at 1.5 ohm but if u gonna run any subs over $300 each u need to get a better amp (and 'm the cheapest guy here) look at the ssa and twisted sounds amps on that ssa site..

yea if I was picking out the amp, i'd go with alpine PDX ...problem is the car I bought already has 2 power acoustik amps already installed in it. the JL w7s I was going to buy were brand new at around $750 each ...I may also settle for a single 12" setup for now.. if you had to pick a single 12" sub what would be your choice?

i used to run 2 RF P3D2 12" inch subs in my old car , they were pretty good subs ..how do the sundown or ssa subs compare to the rockfords ?

yea if I was picking out the amp, i'd go with alpine PDX ...problem is the car I bought already has 2 power acoustik amps already installed in it. the JL w7s I was going to buy were brand new at around $750 each ...I may also settle for a single 12" setup for now.. if you had to pick a single 12" sub what would be your choice? i used to run 2 RF P3D2 12" inch subs in my old car , they were pretty good subs ..how do the sundown or ssa subs compare to the rockfords ?
look at that ssa site man those ssa icons and zcon subs are american made in vegas.. u can also look at FI audio they make the ssa subs the FI ssd can be customized better coil added cooling a 12 with that is only $299 + shipping.. look at those ts amps they korean (much better) not china made like the big name brands..

look at that ssa site man those ssa icons and zcon subs are american made in vegas.. u can also look at FI audio they make the ssa subs the FI ssd can be customized better coil added cooling a 12 with that is only $299 + shipping.. look at those ts amps they korean (much better) not china made like the big name brands..
Okay I'm going with a single ZCON 12 in a ported box..and 2 pairs of Hertz HSK 165 speakers to go with it . pioneer H/U and stinger roadkill for sound deadening. right now I already have 2 PA amps installed in the car , BAMF5500/1D and BAMF1600/4D .. are these amps really that bad that I shouldn't use them with these speakers / sub? will i hear a noticeable difference ? ..planning to drive door speakers at 4ohms & sub at 2ohms

Okay I'm going with a single ZCON 12 in a ported box..and 2 pairs of Hertz HSK 165 speakers to go with it . pioneer H/U and stinger roadkill for sound deadening.
Good choices.

Yes Power acoustics amps are terrible. Never heard of anyone running Hertz speakers on a PA amp. lol

Okay I'm going with a single ZCON 12 in a ported box..and 2 pairs of Hertz HSK 165 speakers to go with it . pioneer H/U and stinger roadkill for sound deadening. right now I already have 2 PA amps installed in the car , BAMF5500/1D and BAMF1600/4D .. are these amps really that bad that I shouldn't use them with these speakers / sub? will i hear a noticeable difference ? ..planning to drive door speakers at 4ohms & sub at 2ohms
that zcon take some power man, just get know u gotta get big amp for it (could go with zcon or even gcon use smaller amp) yeah pa amps would be ok for a while if u had cheaper speaker and sub., with the stuff u talking about it'd be like powering a race with old regular gas lol.. u can sell those amps get some $ out of them.. i didn't back up and read to c what u have, u will need 0ga wire and big 3 wires under hood to power amp that'll run that heavy sub..

Good choices.

Yes Power acoustics amps are terrible. Never heard of anyone running Hertz speakers on a PA amp. lol
that zcon take some power man, just get know u gotta get big amp for it (could go with zcon or even gcon use smaller amp) yeah pa amps would be ok for a while if u had cheaper speaker and sub., with the stuff u talking about it'd be like powering a race with old regular gas lol.. u can sell those amps get some $ out of them.. i didn't back up and read to c what u have, u will need 0ga wire and big 3 wires under hood to power amp that'll run that heavy sub..

okay on that note, looks like the PA amps have to go. not sure of the exact gauge of the wiring currently in place but its thick & there is a capacitor installed

revised build:

ICON 12 1250w Sub in ported box

2 sets of Hertz HSK 165 6.5" Component Speakers (125w rms)

Alpine PDX-F6 4-Channel Car Amp (150w rms x4 ch.)

Alpine PDX-M12 1-Channel Car Amp (1200w rms)

Pioneer AVH-X7800BT 7" Headunit

Stinger roadkill

feedback? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

okay on that note, looks like the PA amps have to go. not sure of the exact gauge of the wiring currently in place but its thick & there is a capacitor installedrevised build:

Stinger roadkill

feedback? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I run 2 icon 12s. Fkn love them

okay on that note, looks like the PA amps have to go. not sure of the exact gauge of the wiring currently in place but its thick & there is a capacitor installedrevised build:

Stinger roadkill

looks pretty good but you dont really need to spend anything on rears, you can just keep the rears stock on head unit power and focus everything on the front, rears are a complete waste of time, money and power that screws up sound quality as well. Its way better if you ditch the passive crossovers on those hsks and run active network crossovers with that pioneer head unit and give full power to the mid and tweet. Their 125 watt rating is a joke, they handle way more power than that and will sound way better/get way louder.

Get rid of that capacitor. It's a band aid fix if your electrical isn't good.
stop comparing capacitors to band aids, thats an insult to band aids, because band aids actually help. Capacitors are like spitting on a stab wound hoping it'll just heal on its own. Batteries are more like band aids. Alternator is the doctor/surgeon, lithiums are the hot nurses that keep morale up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.