Will this amp do well with these subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cej2995
10+ year member

Sony amps are complete trash...not trying to be a dick, but you went from an 800w sony to considering an 1100w sony, so I figure you think sony amps are good....the options listed above are both much better...and I know that the thought of "3 12s" sounds appealing, but you can only get so loud with entry level subs that are 150 rms...

yea I know the above are much better, but someone was just getting rid of these subs cuz they wrecked their truck. so i took them, other than the above listed amps, are there any others that would be good? for $200 or less?

I just looked...svc4ohm, so you need 450 rms at 1.3ohms, that will be easy to find. Id look for an amp that does anywhere between 500-600rms at 1ohm.

the audiopipe listed above would be a great choice, cut your gain way back so you dont overpower them, also that box do you have? Looks sealed in the pic, may want to build your own and do a ported. BTW the sony amp you posted will only do like 600w give or take a little, the audiopipe posted WILL do 1000w

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.