Will these pioneer speakers suit my system?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys,

First off, I have to say I'm a complete noob when it comes to car audio. My current system is as follows:

jbl 75.4 amp

two front Polk Audio MOMO MMC650 speakers

fusion encounter twin 12" subwoofer 400W

kenwood kdc-x7529 head unit - Probably buy a new one.

But now I want to get some rear speakers. I've been reading around, and I've heard that its a good idea to hook up the rear speakers straight to the head unit. I'm looking to spend around 100 bucks on new 6" x 9" speakers, and possibly another 100 - 200 on a new head unit, if needed.

I'm not sure how to pick a good set of speakers for my system. Are the Pioneer TSA6964S speakers a good idea? 400W, or is that too much power? I thought they are alright because they are the current 2011 model here in Australia.

Let me know if these speakers will suit my system, or am I making a huge mistake?

Many thanks,

What about some polks to match the fronts? Personally I like Boston acoustic and they are what I will be running soon.but I would pick polks over pioneer all day long.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.