Difference in running 2 ohm or 4 ohm car door speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dirtrider4eva
10+ year member

√\_The CaUsE__
have an amp that produces 4 x 60 at 4 ohm,

or 4 x 120 at 2 ohm, so.. im thinking about running a front stage of 2 ohm per speaker, and running 4 rear speakers 2 per channel, final load of 2 ohm.

whats your opinions? will it sound louder/better?

If your running substage in back, I would bridge the 4 channel (if possible) and run all the power to some nice front components, and seal up/deaden front doors. It takes quite a bit of work to make rear speakers blend well with the front stage. If you just want it to be extremely loud, and don't care about sound quality, your idea should work fine. I personally never run rear speakers in a car that has sub(s).

I will be having a sub stage shortly. Planning on a build. If I bridge it I will have one twenty at four ohms,Si what six.five s woukd workk well?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.