Will my subs handle the power??????

Participant count
  • Participant list

Blazer1
10+ year member

I just ordered a Audiopipe AP1500.1D to power two RE Audio 10SRiD2 subs rated at 300w RMS (600w combined), should I set the gain at full power(950w@2ohm) or reduce the gain to achieve 600W@2ohm.

I know most subs will handle more than rated with the correct enclosure and tune and I will loose some power from the amp to the subs so even with the amp wide open my subs my not see 950w.

What should I do, can I run this AP1500.1D wide open?

Can you read??

You are never going to be a mod if you can't read!!

How can a post about helping with amp choice be the same as one questioning the power handling abilities of a sub?

You really are a annoying little shet aren't you,....I made bold some key points to help you determine what each thread is about but I can not do this for every thread. Maybe you can get your mom to come help you?

Can you read??
You are never going to be a mod if you can't read!!

How can a post about helping with amp choice be the same as one questioning the power handling abilities of a sub?

You really are a annoying little shet aren't you,....I made bold some key points to help you determine what each thread is about but I can not do this for every thread. Maybe you can get your mom to come help you?
You could've asked this question in that thread. If you keep making a new thread to ask simple questions people will eventually ignore you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Do you know how to set gain?half gain isn't half wattage...
I think so?? My plan is to us my DMM and a 60Hz tone and set the a/c output voltage.

I found a nice chart converting a/c voltage to watts but I am not sure where I saw it? I am not sure how this method can be accurate given the fact that true ohms can be difficult to measure and the chart is based on knowing your exact ohm load.

i have the chart i can post it for you..

RMSchart.jpg

i have the chart i can post it for you..

RMSchart.jpg
That will help a lot!

Do you have anything to add about my concerns with static ohms compared to actual ohms? I have my subs wired @ 2ohms but I know this does not mean they are actually resting or working at 2ohms, should I just check the ohms at the box and go by that?

That will help a lot!
Do you have anything to add about my concerns with static ohms compared to actual ohms? I have my subs wired @ 2ohms but I know this does not mean they are actually resting or working at 2ohms, should I just check the ohms at the box and go by that?
Wire the 2 subs together into a 4ohm load then check that lead with a DMM, pretty simple....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.