Will my front stage be overpowered by the woofer...?

Mills561
10+ year member

BURR
Hey guys simple question here that I need some input on. I need to know if my speaker set-up will be loud enough to compete with my subwoofer. In other words... when the bass hits, I still want to be able to hear the music.

My system will be:

(Highs)

Polk db 651 (6.5" door speakers)

* Peak: 360 watts per pair / 180 watts each

* RMS: 120 watts per pair / 60 watts each

Hifonics EAGLE HF Warrior 4 ch

RMS Power Rating (14.4V):

* 4 ohms: 45 watts x 4 chan.

* 2 ohms: 80 watts x 4 chan.

* Bridged, 4 ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan.

RMS Power Rating (12.0V):

* 4 ohms: 35 watts x 4 chan.

* 2 ohms: 55 watts x 4 chan.

* Bridged, 4 ohms: 110 watts x 2 chan.

(Lows)

18" AA Havoc

1250 rms

Recoil RED 1000.1

(1000 watts @ 1 ohm)

This will be going in a Chevy Trailblazer (SUV).

Do you guys think I will need to get speakers for the rear doors? With how it is now, the front door speakers will be seeing decent power if I bridge the amp. If it is recommended that I get another set of speakers, I'm guessing I would have to get a higher power amp seeing how each speaker will be getting around 40 watts or so. Am I correct? Help a noobie out! Thanks.

One more thing: I will be running an extra battery- deka 9a31, do I hook up both amps to this battery? Or just the sub amp?

Answer my question and I'll consider it.. haha...
But really, I don't want to sell it and the only way I'd consider a trade is if you have an amp that puts out more wattage.
The sub is going to be loud. The coaxials, not so much. I guess they could be loud, but it depends on a lot of things. You don't exactly have top of the line components or a ton of power.

Sell me the amp NOW....or risk the destruction of everything you love.

That sub will easily overpower pretty much anything. It'll have to be playing at low levels for there to be a "balanced" sound. Now if you're looking to jam the crap out of it, and just want to be able to hear what else is going on, grab some efficient components for your front and rear doors, and a 4x100 amp.

The sub is going to be loud. The coaxials, not so much. I guess they could be loud, but it depends on a lot of things. You don't exactly have top of the line components or a ton of power.
Sell me the amp NOW....or risk the destruction of everything you love.
I'll take the risk haha... But in all seriousness, I eventually plan on getting a bigger amp, and when I do- you'll be the first person I'll let know I'm parting with the Recoil.

So... what would you recommend? Getting a set of components? Can you recommend me a solid set that would do the job? Where is the best place to put the tweeters and crossovers? I was looking into getting the q-logic kick panels, would that be my best bet? And would my amp be adequate to push whatever set of comps you post? Sorry for the run-on questions lol

I had a pair of Boston SL80's and they were loud enough to keep up with a 10", 1 & 2 15"s, 18" and 21". I had a lot of clean power going to them though. I was surprised how loud and clear those little speakers were.

Thanks for the replies guys...

Now I'm not looking to get the most badass system in the land (not literally...), just some heavy bass and some highs that can keep up. With that being said, I'm guessing my coaxials wont be able to keep up with the woofer. Could I slide with just getting a comp set for the front doors, and a pair of coax's for the rear? Recommendations on equipment are always appreciated.

you'll be the first person I'll let know I'm parting with the Recoil.
I don't want the Recoil. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

So... what would you recommend? Getting a set of components? Can you recommend me a solid set that would do the job? Where is the best place to put the tweeters and crossovers? I was looking into getting the q-logic kick panels, would that be my best bet? And would my amp be adequate to push whatever set of comps you post? Sorry for the run-on questions lol
I'd recommend components. I'm a fan of Boston Acoustic and Polk. The Polk SR6500 is the nicest set I've ever owned, but I'd love to check out the Boston SPZ60s. Tweeter placement is dependant on how concerned you are with the "image" of your music. If you don't care about that, just put them anywhere they'll stay safe & dry. Mounting crossovers isn't a big deal. I've put them everywhere, from in the glove box or under the front seats to in the door panel or in a trunk. In my experience, crossover placement doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

If you don't care if your rear seat passengers have music, I would just concentrate all your money on a good front stage.
**** the rear passengers, lol. I'll look in the classifieds for a nice set, but if anyone wants to recommend a nice set then please feel free to post. Also, will my 110 x 2 ch be adequate?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.