Will it power an RE sub? Need Quick reply

Participant count
  • Participant list

DetoxLS
10+ year member

South FL
Will a 4 channel amp work with one 10" RE while amping one set of components?

Amp=RMS Power at 4 Ohms 65 W x 4

How would that work..with 1 10"? Would i be giving it 65 watts or 130?

I just decided I was going to do this yesturday and ran across the cheap REs. I listen to alternative/rock, rap and other types of music. Is this a good way to go for SQ? Should it be put in a sealed box?

Chris

That should work fine. I used to use a 4 channel, bridge 2 rear channels for the subwoofer and use the 2 fronts in stereo for the 2 front speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you are getting the RE RE series woofer, as long as the impedence is right, that should be enough power too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Oops forgot the rest. The 8's should sound good for your tast in music. Placing them in a sealed box will not be as loud as ported but yes will yield better SQ.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.