Will it be ok to wire my ZX2500.1 to a .5 ohm load?

I highly doubt its going to like being wired down that low. It will be fine wired to 1.4, but anything below that is going to be a gamble..

Do you really think they would rate it at 2 ohm stable if it was .5ohm stable?

I hope you blow the amp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

lol alright I guess this is not a good idea after all..

For you guys who think I am thinking it is .5 stable: You need to read what I said again; I am clearly aware that this amp is not .5 stable, but I am speaking of the rating after the imp rise. I m just asking for some advice from the experts as I am not sure myself, so if you guys advise against it, I certainly will follow that.

I was looking at TeamSouthernBass's 2 12" omegas D2, which means I can wire it to 1 ohm load, would that be acceptable? I am wanting a set up of 2 12 Omegas, but I will break my wallet right now so I ll have to wait ha

In my experience, mine had no problem at all wired at 1.4. However, .7 it wouldnt do it, let alone .35, which is what Im assuming you would be wiring to if your sub has .7 (1ohm coils).

lol alright I guess this is not a good idea after all..
For you guys who think I am thinking it is .5 stable: You need to read what I said again; I am clearly aware that this amp is not .5 stable, but I am speaking of the rating after the imp rise. I m just asking for some advice from the experts as I am not sure myself, so if you guys advise against it, I certainly will follow that.

I was looking at TeamSouthernBass's 2 12" omegas D2, which means I can wire it to 1 ohm load, would that be acceptable? I am wanting a set up of 2 12 Omegas, but I will break my wallet right now so I ll have to wait ha
2 d2 subs wire to 2 or half FYI

here ya go... 1 omega per 2500 at one ohm...
yeah thats my plan if I get your 12s and another 2500.1 (along with some more electrical upgrades)

but my 15 is D1 so I am limited to 0.5 ohm or 2 ohm load.

2 d2 subs wire to 2 or half FYI
My bad I meant as if I got another amp and wire one sub per amp at 1 ohm load

unless I use maxx link on 2 amps and then I should be able to do 2 ohm load

I think some of the confusion about what these amps can handle is related to the difference in coils between manufactures. For instance, the 1.4 load I was referring to was a pair of type r's wired to a 1ohm load. However, something with 1.4 coils (2ohm) wired down to 1ohm would net you at .7, which in my experience I havent had any luck with. So, > 1.4 = //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah I think I better not push it since I dont want to break my amp.

I will just get the subs later which means I could at least try with 1 ohm load or just get a maxx link and have it do 2 ohm load to be 100% safe

arent they rated for 2 ohm output i mean be safe and wire it to 2 ohms it will be plenty loud on 1 15 and maybe try to burp it at .5 ohm but i really would drop any kicker zx amp below 1 ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.