Will it be ok to wire my ZX2500.1 to a .5 ohm load?

JarvisB
10+ year member

JarvisB
MI/DC
I have a Cascade Designs Omega 15" D1 in a 3.5 cu ft compression box with aeros tuned to 32 hz.

I am wondering if it would be ok for me to wire the sub to 0.5ohm load since after the impediance rise, the amp will end up seeing 2 ohm?

ZX2500.1 is rated 2500 at 2 ohm

I m trying to see if I can get the more out of this amp by doing this because from what I have figured, if I wire the sub to 2 ohm load then after the rise the amp will be seeing some more than 2 ohm. Am I making any sense?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I see, but my point is that the amp wont even be seeing .5 ohm?

Im wondering if it is possible to calculate the imp rise by looking at the set up? I m wondering how much of imp rise am I looking at?

And my electrical floats around at 14V at average.

I see, but my point is that the amp wont even be seeing .5 ohm?
Im wondering if it is possible to calculate the imp rise by looking at the set up? I m wondering how much of imp rise am I looking at?
cant calc. imp. rise. it has to do with box, car acoustics and other factors that are hard as hell to calc. just put a dmm on it and u can burp it for 3 seconds and do some formula to get ur imp rise on a tone

Interesting. I m not sure about my amp when it comes to voltage rating.

I would not recommend it. .7 would be the lowest i would even attempt with solid electrical.
.7 before the imp rise? I am not sure how much of imp rise does everyone normally see, but I am assuming I should at least get 1.5 ohm load after the imp rise when I wire it at .5

Lets say my box is just like any other box, then would it cause a 1.5ohm imp rise?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.