Will I need to upgrade my battery or alternator?

AIpine

Electronics of America.
I'm currently running a R500X1D to power my 2 12" Type R's. (I need more power I know). And it runs quite well. But they can definitely take much more power. My lights only dim slightly on some notes with it turned up quite high. Nothing terrible.

Anyways, I'm planning to upgrade to a 1000w amp. I wanted to upgrade to a Fosgate 1500 bdcp but I just think there will be no way to power that with my stock alt and battery.

I just want to know if I will be needing to upgrade anything at all (battery, alt, big 3, etc.) to run a true 1000w amp.

I have no clue how many amps my alt is and I can't find it anywhere online. I have no clue how to check.

Thanks

I'm currently running a R500X1D to power my 2 12" Type R's. (I need more power I know). And it runs quite well. But they can definitely take much more power. My lights only dim slightly on some notes with it turned up quite high. Nothing terrible.
Anyways, I'm planning to upgrade to a 1000w amp. I wanted to upgrade to a Fosgate 1500 bdcp but I just think there will be no way to power that with my stock alt and battery.

I just want to know if I will be needing to upgrade anything at all (battery, alt, big 3, etc.) to run a true 1000w amp.

I have no clue how many amps my alt is and I can't find it anywhere online. I have no clue how to check.

Thanks
Your probably sending a distorted signal to them bud. I've seen ttwo of those type r's take over 200 rms no sweat. I'd do a big three firt thing. Upgrade your power and grounds to 0 gauge and throw in a hifonics to at least give them some decent power. Or if you wanna be really cheap just do the big 3 and a hifonics.

Ill sell you a good agm battery cheap. Talk to me when youre ready. And 1500 on a stock alt with a batt is normap to.do

dunno how efficient those are but when i had a pbass 1k rms @ 1 ohm plus a class ab amp that does like 200w total rms my voltage would drop down to the 11s at idle, but stayed at 14 when cruising. killed my agm battery in like 3 years, pulled it down too low. stock 105 amp alternator and battery really wasnt enough

If I'm right, and I'm hoping I am, my car has a stock 120a alt. Not sure on the battery. Hoping all I'll need to upgrade is my battery once it dies. The alt seems to be enough for only 1000w.

2002 Dodge Stratus. Pretty sure it's an SE. 4 cyl.
Then it looks like you probably have a 120A alt. So, if you did the big 3 and got an AGM batt you should be fine. If its a matter of money I'd say at a minimum get an AGM batt. Ive got an Exide brand AGM in my truck, it was $160 and works great!

Then it looks like you probably have a 120A alt. So, if you did the big 3 and got an AGM batt you should be fine. If its a matter of money I'd say at a minimum get an AGM batt. Ive got an Exide brand AGM in my truck, it was $160 and works great!
Awesome, thanks a lot for the help. Think I should just use my stock battery until it dies on me? Or what?

What will happen if I run the system with my stock setup? How long will it last?

You can wait until it dies. The only thing that would happen is you could get a lot of light dimming/low voltage levels at lower volume levels, which depending on how drastic it is, isnt too good on your elec system. You could even start to notice some engine hesitation from not getting enough juice to run properly. If you can afford it I would just get a new batt now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.