Will I need an amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

MrTango

Ok, so ive been DIYing an audio setup in my Kia Sorento. My aim has been to get four door speakers and a pair of 6x9s in the trunk. I currently have the four door speakers installed, and I'm in the process of installing the 6x9s.

Will I need an amp for great quality?

If so, What power range will I need?

If I do get an amp, should I wire all the speakers to it or just rig it to the 6x9s?

please ask for any additional specifications if you want them.

cheers!

Kickers : 60 RMS / 120 peak

Boss audio: 350 watts? Could not find anything specific for these. In hind sight i should have gotten kickers for the rear too.

6x9s: 60-70RMS / 140 peak(their box says 280 tho...)

No sound deadening yet. I'm putting this together slowly, though I know it will improve the quality dramatically.

Well you are going about this all wrong front stang should be main focus for you. Then the rears if you haven't bought the speakers yet. I'd suggest asking around here first

Get really good component speakers for the front doors and put a sub in back somewhere - with amps. Forget the rear doors & 6x9's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.