Will an extra (or 2 extra) batteries actually help with power?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a couple xfl 12s on a kicker cx1200.1 wired for a 1ohm load at the amp. The amp approx. puts out around 1500watts rms. I also have the big three done. I have a kind of cheap powermaxusa HO alt which is "supposed" to put out 220amps. I don't think it does that but for the 160 dollars I paid it does much better than the stock alt. Now when I have my subs hitting hard the voltage it pretty steady above idle (revving driving) it stays above 14volts but at idle it drops below 13.5 and sometimes even below 13volts down to 12.5volts. What I want to know is buying a few big xs power batteries or a better HO alt gonna help this? Do batteries actually help with voltage and current?

Go with the deka imo. No matter what battery you get. get a battery and see if that solves your problem. if it doesnt, get an HO alt

Also from what ive read about cheap HO alternators is that they do Alright when driving but have no idle output. Like a cheap one would be 100amps at idle and 220 on 2000rpms, while a mechman would be 160amps at idle and 240 at 15-2000rpms

That's exactly what I was scared of. My amplifier on full blast pulls around 90 to 115 amps and I clamped the alternator and it is barely holding unless I'm around 2000+Rpms. At idle this alt barely holds 12.5 volts when blasting. Looks like I'm getting a mechman or a dc power alt. Question..... I have 0 gauge for the big three but at the amp it starts to get pretty warm? I don't get this because 0 gauge should handle more than that it almost melts after 15 to 25 minutes. But it's only at the load of the amp. I do have 0-4 gauge reducers maybe that's a problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.