Wierd smell coming from sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ForceEdge
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
n
Heres my setup.

I have a boston acoustics gt2300 amp. I have that bridged to a 4ohm dual voice coil Pioneer TS-W3002D4

which i wired so its final ohm would come out to 2.

Youd wire the positives to positives and negatives to negatives correct?

Just like this right?

(Note this equipment is all brand new)

My amp puts out 1400rms wats at 2ohms to my sub

My sub says it can handle 1000rms

I'm trying to see if my gain is set to high and is causing this smell. I have it set to 4v on the amp.

My head unit says its pre amp outputs are 2v. (Sony cdx 660up)

Now whenever I bump my subs loud I get a rubber like electronic burning smell of some sort. I'm worried im burning the voice coils and my subs going to become damaged.

Do you think its cause I have my gain at 4v? I mean, its only a quater of the way trurned up.

Do you think its might be because my sub isnt getting enough power maybe? My lights dim and my cars volatge stays roughly between 12-12.5 volts. My stock alternator (06 hyndai sonata LX) says it puts out 130 amps and my battery is 600 cranking amps.

I would turn the gain down..but my amp isnt hitting as hard if I do. I mean.. I had a kenwood sub that could handle 600 rms watts and I had some off brand amp called TSIaudio and that thing pounded harder then this. I don't know what could possibly be wrong

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gain settings? bass boost? some results of smelly subs are over heating/clipping.

I know my Cadence 1/0gauge gets stinky when I have a lot of current going through it, NOT my subwoofer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.