Wich subwoofer should i buy

Participant count
  • Participant list
do you think 3 deaf bounce machete M10 v2 D4 will play loud?
Well USA price for those is 100$ each so for the same money and power I think you would do better with one db-sa305. This is of course if you have enough airspace to run 3 10s or 1 15".

You really must find out exactly how much volume you can get in your box then plan woofers around your airspace.

Well USA price for those is 100$ each so for the same money and power I think you would do better with one db-sa305. This is of course if you have enough airspace to run 3 10s or 1 15".

You really must find out exactly how much volume you can get in your box then plan woofers around your airspace.
How do i find out how much box space i need?

do you think 3 deaf bounce machete M10 v2 D4 will play loud? and 3 apocalypse AAB-1500.1D atom on 2 ohm play loud? because i want loud cheap and quality parts im on a budget is machete good quality because they are so cheap
or should i go with machete 12 inch on 950rms but i have heard that more Watts doesnt mean stronger? and i got another question this can probably be hard to answer but haow many db qould you expect of these 3 subs?
Question why do you insist on running one amp per sub. It’s more wiring cost and paying for that initial 1k-1500 of an amp 3x. The incramental cost Of moving up to a Single Bigger amp from a smaller single amp Is significantly less. from a wiring vantage point you’ll be at these impedance loads for three woofers

Dual–4 Ohm Subwoofers: 2.67 Ohms
Dual–2 Ohm Subwoofers: 1.33 Ohms
Dual–1.5 Ohm Subwoofer: 1 Ohm

you’re a bit all over the place on sub configurations. Alphard may be your equipment choice but what are you looking to achieve. A two sub setup will likely be easier.

Question why do you insist on running one amp per sub. It’s more wiring cost and paying for that initial 1k-1500 of an amp 3x. The incramental cost Of moving up to a Single Bigger amp from a smaller single amp Is significantly less. from a wiring vantage point you’ll be at these impedance loads for three woofers

Dual–4 Ohm Subwoofers: 2.67 Ohms
Dual–2 Ohm Subwoofers: 1.33 Ohms
Dual–1.5 Ohm Subwoofer: 1 Ohm

you’re a bit all over the place on sub configurations. Alphard may be your equipment choice but what are you looking to achieve. A two sub setup will likely be easier.
Idk because 2 channel amp is so expensive in my country

How do i find out how much box space i need?

In planning subwoofer systems we have "Hoffman's Iron Law" which says you can have ONLY 2 of these:
1. High efficiency​
2. Good low extension​
3. Small cabinet​

Space makes bass. The most space you are willing to sacrifice the easier it will be to get loud and low. So decide how much space you can spare and then plan your cone area and power around that. In a vehicle space is ALWAYS limited so it is good practice to start from there and plan accordingly.

Most high output modern subwoofers are designed to play well in ported alignment. For ported box typically 10" will want 1.5-2 cubic feet, 12" will want 2-3 cubic feet, 15" will want 4.25-6 cubic feet, and 18" will want 7 cubic feet or more. Many subs will perform OK in a bit less airspace and many more will keep gaining output as you go into even more volume. Keep in mind, these are net volumes which do not count for the wood, port, or displacement of the woofer itself.

Power is pretty cheap these days so a lot of people trade efficiency for space these days but many of these heavy duty woofers just won't give you good bandwidth in too-small box.

they cost 600 dollars for one thats to expensive for me do you think 3 deaf bounce machete M10 v2 D4 will play loud and is it a good quality sub since they are so cheap? or should i go for 3 apocalypse instead?
nah these JLs were off facebook market place for 20 bucks each, These are version 1s. The guy thought they were toast but the coil was good just needed a 10 dollar refoam job. 90 bucks total for three old school JL audios. But thats besides the point. The main point was we got a really dialed in subwoofer enclosure that got maximum output even with only 100 watts to work with split between the 3 subs. Enclosure is everything. When people think about switching out subs, 99% of the times they dont have an optimal setup+enclosure for their current sub. The ultimax can get loud, not sure why you would only be doing 102 db.

you only need a one channel monoblock, you wore your subs together
But the amp is gonna get overpowered or am i wrong? I know it can be confusing when i get new ideas all the time it is just me that have hard to choose because i want to as hell in my city the guy with strongest base do lik 122db

nah these JLs were off facebook market place for 20 bucks each, These are version 1s. The guy thought they were toast but the coil was good just needed a 10 dollar refoam job. 90 bucks total for three old school JL audios. But thats besides the point. The main point was we got a really dialed in subwoofer enclosure that got maximum output even with only 100 watts to work with split between the 3 subs. Enclosure is everything. When people think about switching out subs, 99% of the times they dont have an optimal setup+enclosure for their current sub. The ultimax can get loud, not sure why you would only be doing 102 db.
Yeah i know it wasnt me that wired them can be the box since it has a very weird size and stuff

In planning subwoofer systems we have "Hoffman's Iron Law" which says you can have ONLY 2 of these:
1. High efficiency​
2. Good low extension​
3. Small cabinet​

Space makes bass. The most space you are willing to sacrifice the easier it will be to get loud and low. So decide how much space you can spare and then plan your cone area and power around that. In a vehicle space is ALWAYS limited so it is good practice to start from there and plan accordingly.

Most high output modern subwoofers are designed to play well in ported alignment. For ported box typically 10" will want 1.5-2 cubic feet, 12" will want 2-3 cubic feet, 15" will want 4.25-6 cubic feet, and 18" will want 7 cubic feet or more. Many subs will perform OK in a bit less airspace and many more will keep gaining output as you go into even more volume. Keep in mind, these are net volumes which do not count for the wood, port, or displacement of the woofer itself.

Power is pretty cheap these days so a lot of people trade efficiency for space these days but many of these heavy duty woofers just won't give you good bandwidth in too-small box.
It is pretty small because i have cut half of the vehicle as you can see on my profile will i even fit a box with 3 12 subs in that?

Probably not unless you build it inside the trunk or do a wall build. Go out there with a tape measure and see how much space you want to invest in this project.
I think i can fit 2 15 i got from the door to the other dorr is almoat 2 meters 190cm and from the seat to back window is i mean kinda tight not even a meter. Maybe wounder why i even have cut the car because when you are 15 in sweden you can take a driver license✌🏼but these cars can only go 30km/h wich is aboit 18mph and its illegal to make them go faster and som people buy a car and cut them of because it looks cool and its pretty weird that it only does 102db because one of these have spl of 85 wich is weird

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.