Why won't my Clarion DXZ835MP play some newer MP3s?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Redford
10+ year member

I get angry when Im sober
I've had a problem lately, I have been unable to play some of my MP3s. For instance on the new Eminem CD, I burned the MP3s as a folder but it would only play maybe 5 or 6 of the 20 tracks. I've noticed this with a bunch of other new albums, and due to this I've been having to burn CDs as regular discs and not MP3 CDs.

I tested the same CD on some of the new Alpine units and I've had no problem. I initially thought this may be due to bitrate, as many were over 320 kbps but not all that were above that didn't play and even when I ripped everything as 192 kbps, many tracks still didn't play. Anyone have some ideas? I'm seriously considering upgrading my CD player due to this problem.

Maybe some kind of copywrite protection, or perhaps it was encoded wrong.

Try using a different ripper, I don't understand why it would only pick certain songs...maybe some kind of issue with the size of them? If your deck plays wav or wmv, try ripping them into a different format or something.

but do try to use some other program to rip the songs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.