Why is Zed Audio so good?

Zed has built amps for MANY different brands.

Here are a few,

Zed Audio, US Acoustics, Lanzar, Hifonics, Nakamichi, Boss, Planet Audio, Cliff designs, Coustic, and i'm sure many more.

How would you compare a ZED to a tru? I own a low-end Tru and I have considered a Cu series, but I too have heard so many great things about Zed.
I have not owned TRU, but a few insiders have portrayed much of their product popularity is based upon assumed performance based on price. Not sure what you can take from that, but some companies use that practice.

The cliffs of that write up is the long extensive experience Stephen Mantz has with designing and building very solid, clean, reliable amplifiers. His product failure rate has to be one of the lowest period. Also, the recent ZED amps were giving the same level of clarity and performance of Brax/Audison/McIntosh amps are doing for much less. I am a long time ZED fan and was able to snatch up one of the last Gladius and Deuce Burr Brown models left.
dang denim, you beat me to it. Beside everything denim said, Steve truly loves what he does and he never quits learning. I have talked to him on several occasions and the guy lives and breaths audio circuit engineering. Plus he takes a great deal of pride in his work.

The current ZED amps are heavy, seems to be a trait of the ZED built amps. All of his designs have a serious heat sink. Seems to always put function before form. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

There was an ESX 120.4 on ebay recently, just could not afford the $500 asking price. That would have been really nice for active daily.

I have not owned TRU, but a few insiders have portrayed much of their product popularity is based upon assumed performance based on price. Not sure what you can take from that, but some companies use that practice.
Nod, I have read a few of the reviews. I have really loved this amp since I have had it. Once I upgrade this summer (if you like) I'll send it your way to demo and you could give a really unbiased opinion. You are well respected on a good number of forums.

I would honestly be interested in your opinion as well (perhaps what I consider to sound good is just ok).

Nod, I have read a few of the reviews. I have really loved this amp since I have had it. Once I upgrade this summer (if you like) I'll send it your way to demo and you could give a really unbiased opinion. You are well respected on a good number of forums.
I would honestly be interested in your opinion as well (perhaps what I consider to sound good is just ok).
Thanks for the kind words and the offer, I would like that, but because I co-own an online shop and co-own a sub woofer company, people will always assume some bias on an any reviews I do. I am positive it is a soild performer for sure, I was just relaying some thoughts a few people have said in passing which can sometimes be taken with a grain of salt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.