Why is my volume so low with my new DEH80PRS? Should 6..5' or Sub get more power?

I'm using these in my car:

Deh80-prs

Kicker KX650.4

Kicker KX650.4 4-channel car amplifier 120 watts RMS x 4 at Crutchfield.com

Hertz Es250 10" woofer

Hertz Car Speakers and Subwoofers ES250 (Subwoofer 10") from Mad Man Mckay

CDT Es-62i

ES 62i

-Now I have my subwoofer in bridge mode getting, I believe 325rms?

-Component setup each has their own channel getting 120 rms each right?

First question would be:

Should I have my components setup to get more power by using a bridged mode or should the sub get more power?

I only really want the sub to give a little extra bass not to shake my car obviously.

Second Question:

Why is the volume from my components so low on my system? I know gain is not a volume control & the 80prs has good pre outs.

Is it just because my components are not getting enough power & need to use them in bridged mode?

Last edited by a moderator:
CDT arent that loud to begin with but sounds like you have your gain or head unit settings set wrong. Are you in network mode or standard mode?
Im in standard mode but ill try connecting another source to see the difference.

What about my wiring should the components or the sub get more power? The sub is cyrrently turned down to be more even with the components.

Don't be afraid to set your volume at 62/62 when you set your gains. It is clean all the way thru. How did you set your gains for the speakers? I don't think you need to bridge your front speakers as 120w at 4 ohm should be plenty for what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't be afraid to set your volume at 62/62 when you set your gains. It is clean all the way thru. How did you set your gains for the speakers? I don't think you need to bridge your front speakers as 120w at 4 ohm should be plenty for what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't be too sure about that. My last 80PRS distorted at 57

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.