Why is my clip light going off?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kohen36

CarAudio.com Regular
Alabama
I have 2 American bass XFL 10” in a 2008 Toyota Tundra .i have a custom built box that has 3 cubic ft airspace .my amp is a cab 22. These subs sound very good at low and med volumes but whenever trying to demo or playing decently loud I usually encounter my clip light going off and I am trying to figure out what it causing this?. Watching my electrical gauge it doesn’t seem to be bad voltage as when the truck is running the needle doesn’t move to much down from where it usually sits. I also doubt that my amp is being pushed too hard as it doesn’t really seem like I’m experiencing 2500 watts.my system was tuned by a shop that seems very knowledgeable and didn’t just tune it by ear. If anyone could help me this would be greatly appreciated

It would be helpful to know what your voltage is at when clipping occurs. Do you have a multi meter?
Measuring voltage at the amp could illuminate things.

It would be helpful to know what your voltage is at when clipping occurs. Do you have a multi meter?
Unfortunately I do not
unfortunately I currently do not but I will try to get ahold of one

If you have a Harbor Freight in your area, a usable multimeter can be had for less than $10.
Ok thanks for the info I will grab one soon , would you be able to answer one of my questions form my most recent thread? Basically my box is vibrating way to much and the person who made the box suggested putting drywall screws where they go through the first wall then hit the port wall. Do you think drywall screws are going to stop this or will I have to go to wooden dowels

Ok thanks for the info I will grab one soon , would you be able to answer one of my questions form my most recent thread? Basically my box is vibrating way to much and the person who made the box suggested putting drywall screws where they go through the first wall then hit the port wall. Do you think drywall screws are going to stop this or will I have to go to wooden dowels

Pre-drill the holes and use 1-½" or 2" drywall screws every 8".

Pre-drill the holes and use 1-½" or 2" drywall screws every 8".
I did this with a couple screws at the top where the guy confirmed they would hit but if I started going down towards to the middle wouldn’t the screws not work since they would have to be so long? It would I have to use dowels near the middle

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...