Why is my amplifier so hot?

Participant count
  • Participant list

datduderj15

I just bought a 900w, 2 channel amplifier made by pioneer and a 10" sony sub (1200w.) We got it all hooked up and its working good! But ive noticed the amp is getting really hot, to where i cant even touch it for more than a second. I grounded it to the metal piece on the top of the trunk. I scraped the paint off, and have a big washer on it, and its pretty sturdy. We couldnt connect the remote wire to the radio so we had to rig up speaker wire that connects to the fuse box. When it gets too hot, does it shut itself down? or is it something wrong with my wiring?

if you bridged the channels its only 4 ohm stable you probably have it wired at 2ohm. could be bad ground, or to thin of power wire, but i don't belive thats the problem.

image3.jpeg.html

image2.jpeg.html

this is what it looks like at the moment

i can see the picture but it does not show how much movement is left in the dials. to me it looks like your gain is all the way up which is totally wrong. it should not be over half way. where is your gain set at? a picture does not really say where its at. turn the dial and say whether its 1/4 of the way up or all the way up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.