Why is dc audio so secretive about pricing?

Can someone explain to me why people say DC is old RE? Don't over complicate this question, I just can't tell if it's a joke or a serious statement. (Don't hate on me for not pretending to be any more knowledgeable than I actually am; there are enough people that do that already.)

If you don't like it, don't buy the stuff. Simple as that. Not like it's anything special or unique. DD does the same thing with their prices and from what I understand Atomic is the same....probably a dozen others.
DD does some what, If you are a nobody and call them up you will all get the same price or be sent to a local dealer.

If they know you, you get special pricing. I get some nice prices with DD

Why no 05 xxx then? Everyone loves that sub
DC doesn't own the rights to use XBL^2

It's because DC likes to name whatever f*cking price they feel like. I've asked several different dealers for price quotes on the same product and some of them had IMMENSE price differences. I personally think DC is really really f*cking shady when it comes to making money off of their products.

But they do own rights to other RE stuff, or were the patents expired?
there were no patents, xbl^2 and lms are topology designs both patented. The basic design of the RE drivers are basically the same as 90% of the other drivers around.

Yes and its very unfortunate does DC have good products absolutely but from a business stand point their overall outlook and approach is basically none their overall direction they want to take the company changes daily and they have no ethics at all I just can't support that at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.