Why IB like IB

Got the frame welded in.Hindsight is 20/20. I wish I would have built the frame more like a roll cage and eliminated the deck as any structure. The front is rock solid but I can pull down about 1/16" on the rear. Im going to use 1" box and run a brace acrossthe rear and tie into the sides and the wheel wells. Got some 1/2" box welded in vertically behind the seat to brace the bock off. Still have a long way to go. Will get some pics whe more is done.

Yup. I learned about 5 years ago, I got tired of waiting for people to weld stff for me so I sat at the tig and went to work. It was funny. Most people learn to mig first. I could tig sufficiently for almost a year before I could mig.
Rad is in the trunk because engine is out. When I go in to work on the car if the rack is tied up, I'm going to hang out anyway, so I just work on the audio.
D'oh.

I thought it was a really nice amp rack with it's own cooling unit. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

drop me off a stick of 1" or 1x2" box and ill get right on it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Hard to make it to the scrap yard with a 7 mo old. I need to work on some other stuff anyway. I've got 2 customer cars I have been dragging my feet on because I hate megasquirt.

Can't wait to see this finished, I love IB build logs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Looking good so far... interested to see where you take it. i took part in an IB install in a honda civic that turned out great but as you said we used 2-4 pieces of MDF and expanding foam... (links in my sig) really curious to see how this turns out. but keep up the work and good luck.

Yeah wish i could rock some IDmax like that civic, or the IDW15s that I have been trying to get back since I sold like 6 years ago.

Yeah wish i could rock some IDmax like that civic, or the IDW15s that I have been trying to get back since I sold like 6 years ago.
THOSE ARE NO IDmax in that civic... those are aura 15's, i believe Aura originally made home theater speakers and those were the first that they ever made for car audio, I BELIEVE don't quote me on it i could be wrong, but they are heavy as all HELL i will tell you that. but that was a great build i wish we had more videos up of it... I'm sure he still hasn't had it metered which is very upsetting. but i cant wait for this build to finish... once again its looking great def have to keep this build in mind if i do another IB like this.

scope this out, if you haven't seen it yet that is. this is my roommates install... AKA REQ on here.

http://caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371413

by bad. I didnt go through it but I had read it previously and was thinking it had idmax. Im familiar with aura.

Yea, were ready to refurbish the IDmax12, i think the guys at ID said it would run about $150. That's good your familiar with Aura cuz im not. that was the first time i had ever heard of them. didn't really bother with any research.

My big questions are, how are you going to mount the subs, if you know yet that is? are you going to sink them in like we did on the civic? are you still going to have use of the back seats?

the hole in the of the deck. The 1" thick baffle that sinks into the frame is where the subs go. 3 10s.Backseat is 100% functional.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Upgrayedd

10+ year member
Double dose of the pimpin
Upgrayedd
Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date