Why IB like IB

As much as I would love another pair of idw15s I've got 3 10s lined up for much less. Those things are amazing though. Never had another 15 that sounded great from around 1.5 cube to IB

Well as predicted, Time constraints have lead to a lack of progress. Here are the 2 things I do know that I am using at this point. 40lbs of amplification

IMG_1451.jpg

Adcom GFA-4404 for the front stge and USAcoustics USX800f (thanks pickup1) for tha boomz.

IMO Adcom are quite affordable, especially when you look at what USAmps and SS of the same time frame go for. I have a black 4304 I will likely be selling.

I was just sarcastically informed my **** be wangin. So if if wang is a good thing and you were expecting it, I have to apologize now. There will be none of it. Again I am sorry if you felt that I would bring the wang.

Can someone explain to me the baffle part of the setup?

I have searched google for the past hour and I simply cannot find the answer!!?? I get tons of "This is what it IS", but not what it DOES.

I think this is my problem with vibrations my IB setup that i put on the rear deck. I simply made a hole and screwed the sub down. Do I need to basically attach the sub to a piece of wood and not the deck itself?

the baffle is there as a mounting location for the sub(s) and to seperate the front wave from the back. IB can be done on the rear deck with no problems. Just need to do some work to kill vibrations and stiffen the rear deck up some //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

With this specific IB build he is sealing the trunk completely off from the cabin, making the entire car a bandpass box, or making the trunk the box for the subs, i like to look at it as a bandpass box and your sitting inside it. it is typically used for SQ but if you build it the right way you can get some great DB's out of it. perfect example in my signature in a Honda Civic

Can someone explain to me the baffle part of the setup?
I have searched google for the past hour and I simply cannot find the answer!!?? I get tons of "This is what it IS", but not what it DOES.

I think this is my problem with vibrations my IB setup that i put on the rear deck. I simply made a hole and screwed the sub down. Do I need to basically attach the sub to a piece of wood and not the deck itself?

Stiffening up the deck and blocking any front and back waves are the goal. A simple baffle the size and shape of the flat part of the deck where your sub is mounted may be enough or you may need to go farther. In your case a small box for the 8 might be the easiest solution.

Back from the dead. Bought an e46, lost interest in this car. Lost interest in the e46 now Im back on this. need to fill a cavity to add some rigidity. Anyone have experience with dense foam? I'm looking at the 16lbs stuff Urethane Foam , Expanding Marine Polyurethane Foam. Spray foam was a huge failure.
That reads as if it would work very well in the rear deck. I want to go IB myself from the rear deck, with 3 e3.6 Subwoofer's. I thought about trying to fiberglass it. Never used the stuff before.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Upgrayedd

10+ year member
Double dose of the pimpin
Upgrayedd
Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date