Why Does This Pioneer Amp-Kit Have Double Plus (incl. Fuses) and Double Ground?

Participant count
  • Participant list

amix

CarAudio.com Newbie
Germany
The manual to the simple Pioneer GM-A4704 (link shows relevant page) (4x 40W RMS) power amplifier recommends a Pioneer RD-223 Cable-Kit. I am aware, that I don't need that, however I was surprised to see, that it is set up in a way, I have never seen before and of which I do not understand the reasoning. Also, why would they do such a complex (dual plus, dual ground, dual fuse) setup for such a simple amp?

The product description available here reads:

RD-223 Pioneer® Amplifier Wire Kit with Dual 20ft - 10 AWG Wire and Dual 30 amp Fused Links
  • Original factory Amplifier Wire kit for Pioneer® amplifiers.
  • Dual 20 ft. red 10 AWG wire with dual 30A fused links and pre-installed eyelets on both ends.
  • Dual 3 ft. Black 10 AWG Ground wire with pre-installed eyelets.
  • 13 ft. remote wire with pre-installed eyelets
  • 6 inch wire loom
and a diagram follows:

Why did Pioneer chose to implement it this way?
Thanks!

Last edited:
The manual to the simple Pioneer GM-A4704 (link shows relevant page) (4x 40W RMS) power amplifier recommends a Pioneer RD-223 Cable-Kit. I am aware, that I don't need that, however I was surprised to see, that it is set up in a way, I have never seen before and of which I do not understand the reasoning. Also, why would they do such a complex (dual plus, dual ground, dual fuse) setup for such a simple amp?

The product description available here reads:

RD-223 Pioneer® Amplifier Wire Kit with Dual 20ft - 10 AWG Wire and Dual 30 amp Fused Links
  • Original factory Amplifier Wire kit for Pioneer® amplifiers.
  • Dual 20 ft. red 10 AWG wire with dual 30A fused links and pre-installed eyelets on both ends.
  • Dual 3 ft. Black 10 AWG Ground wire with pre-installed eyelets.
  • 13 ft. remote wire with pre-installed eyelets
  • 6 inch wire loom
and a diagram follows:

View attachment 45434

Why did Pioneer chose to implement it this way?
Thanks!

Because 10awg is too small, and doubling the 10awg lengths was likely cheaper than going with high quality 8awg that could handle the 60amp load or even low quality 4awg

The older JBL GTQ400 amplifier has Two supply sections that shared One Ground. Thats back in the 90s. The amp was like having Two 200s under one Chassis with two supply boards

1670794112261.png
1670794112261.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...