How Could I "Remote-Out" on this Head Unit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

amix

CarAudio.com Newbie
Germany
Hi,

not quite sure, where I could add an external Remote Signal Generator to the following head unit:

(7) is GND, btw. Seems they forgot to mention it or thought it's obvious.

I am especially unsure what (A3) +12V Power Lead (Yellow) could be?! I guess it's a permanent +12V, but what's that good for? How do I activate it? The unit is only usable, when I turn the car key into stand-by mode or run the engine. This confuses me! (A8) Switched Power Lead (Red) should be the power lead that activates when turning the car key into standby.

Also, I heard, that using (A6) Power Antenna (Blue) only bears voltage when using the radio, but not any other source. So that would switch on the amp only, when listening to radio, but switch it off, again, as soon I want to listen to other media, right? Makes (A6) Blue useless for this purpose.

Where would you attach a Remote Signal Generator here? If I need to go from a speaker out (B1 - B8) the system better does not turn off the integrated amp, when connecting to line-out via RCA! :unsure:

As always, thanks a lot!

So you are looking for a remote turn on for an amplifier? I would try the blue power antenna first. Some head units use that as both antenna and amplifier turn on. ( and the antenna stays up even when listening to other music sources. )
If that doesn’t work, just use A8. That way the amplifier turns on and off with the key.

So you are looking for a remote turn on for an amplifier?

Right. Am I right, that In both cases I would need to add a relay of some sorts to either (A6) or (A8)? I may use this thread ("Will this hurt anything") as reference, then.

If so, where would you connect the relay? To the cables on the car's part of the ISO socket or to the cables on the HU's part (the cable whip coming from the HU)?

Thanks!

Right. Am I right, that In both cases I would need to add a relay of some sorts to either (A6) or (A8)? I may use this thread ("Will this hurt anything") as reference, then.

If so, where would you connect the relay? To the cables on the car's part of the ISO socket or to the cables on the HU's part (the cable whip coming from the HU)?

Thanks!

Assuming you are only turning on amps a relay isn't needed but for something drawing over 1 amp you would need a relay and you really should draw power from the main battery and add a diode to the remote out into the relay.

Most amps draw less than 100ma and most headunit output 1000ma so relays aren't needed for amp turn on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...