Why does nobody like caps??

They are a waste of money....instead of getting a cap, you can have your alt rewound, for less money, and do more than a cap ever will for your electrical system.

not that we dont like them......its jus in most applications they are useless......most people think a cap is the way to solve a dimming light/ struggeling charging system problem......when in reality theya re just adding to the problem.....an upgraded/rewound alt is the best overall way to solve the problem

i like caps, just not the ones with high ESR value.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Most people don't like caps because they buy them expecting one thing but were designed for another.. They aren't for dimming lights etc. They are to support your amp. Amps have a few tiny caps internally and deplete very quickly, and cannot always replenish themselves within a timely manner, usually right after a heavy bass line. An external capacitors purpose is to supply power to replenish the internals ones. Whether you want to use a cap is more or less personal preference anymore, because digital amps using less power have less need than a high current or class A/B amp.

Mike

Originally posted by f150_on_32s i agree, they really don't add alot to your system, but u gotta admit that 4 1 farads with bus bars does look tight. so if u got cash to waste, y not
To someone that knows nothing about car audio it may look tight, but go up to a pro, all you'll hear is "what a waste..."

Originally posted by f150_on_32s i agree, they really don't add alot to your system, but u gotta admit that 4 1 farads with bus bars does look tight. so if u got cash to waste, y not
Lol. If you're all about wasting cash and looking tight, spend that money on the nicest woofer you can find and then don't hook it up to an amp. That'll look sweet and is less likely to fry you when you install it.

there's been a billion threads about caps

usetehsearch.jpg

heres what a farad does. it stiffens the amount of fluxuation in your positive polarity. meaning when the amp takes large amounts of current, the cap will help stabalize the current faster back to 14.4 volts. and it will help so the when the amp takes power it doesnt go as far lower then 14.4 volts. it wont stop your headlights from dimming, it just makes it so they dont stay dim as long. but 1 farad wont do much at all. neither will 4 1 farads. to really make a difference you need a good 15+ farad cap. they are very expensive though. this is why the best way to go is to respool the alternator or get an upgraded one. of course if you upgrade the alt, make sure you upgrade the battery so it can hold all the extra ampheres.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.