why does my dd 1510 sound like chit

I met up with another forum member who had the exact same noise in his DD1508's that I had in mine. Both of us had the DD1508 with Carbon Fiber dust cap. Both of us probably had improper enclosures. He now has my 1508 and is going to build another box to DD specs and test each sub one at a time.

go to dd web page and build the box on there . shows blueprints of enclosures. i herd over on soundpressure.com that that box is awesome.

linky.......

http://forum.soundpressure.com/showthread.php?t=8576

I met up with another forum member who had the exact same noise in his DD1508's that I had in mine. Both of us had the DD1508 with Carbon Fiber dust cap. Both of us probably had improper enclosures. He now has my 1508 and is going to build another box to DD specs and test each sub one at a time.

Wilson built a box to DD spec and said the noise is gone. Looks like most of us having this issue (if not all of us) is because of the enclosure. I don't think there is anything wrong with the sub its self or DD's design. Just need to build the box correctly.

Wilson built a box to DD spec and said the noise is gone. Looks like most of us having this issue (if not all of us) is because of the enclosure. I don't think there is anything wrong with the sub its self or DD's design. Just need to build the box correctly.
True that, get you a new console son.

True that, get you a new console son.
I can't... Wilson took my 1508 lol. I have an IDmax 10" I will run I got from him. I will be checking out his setup though when he is done with the new box for 2 of them instead of his current 3 config. I am real curious to see how these sound in a good enclosure.

@BlackFX4

Do you have any more pics of that box? I'd like to see how you mounted the loading wall in particular. I built a temp loading wall for my old box out of wood, but I'm going to build it out of plexi to show off the CF caps for my next box.

PM them to me if you can. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.