why does my dd 1510 sound like chit

Well crap... my DD1508 has this mechanical crackle noise when I start to crank it. New sub. I am starting to wonder if its my box. The W7 I had was doing the same thing in it.
Know anyone with an 8" box? Just to try it out on your seat or whatever.. It does sound like your box is the problem.. As far as i have read, the 1508 should take that 1k your giving it.. And even if not, it should take quite a bit of it.

Also, you may want to not try and beat on it if its brand new.. DD wants you to let it break in first.. And according to many others the sub plays much louder and lower once its broken in..

I will keep breaking it in but im not pushing it all that hard.. I will go easy on it for a while but I still feel this noise will be there after break in. My box is to big, my tune is to low, and my port is to small. How can I make this box work? I found if i put (2) 8" 4x4 pieces of wood my cubic footage will be 1 cubic foot after sub displacement. I have two fresh aeroports ready to cut for a different tune. Please let me know if this will work.. here is my box.. its 4 years old and sounded great with my W7 and a smaller amp. Box is tuned to 33hz with a 3" Aero port.

Boxmeasurements1.jpg

ahhh thats what I thought.
I seen yur pics b4
I like the way it looks.. not digging the way it performs. Been great for 4 years with a Lunar L125 and my W7... loud. Im wondering if the issue is my amp, rca jacks, or headunit. Just strange I never had this issue until I got the JL amps. Maybe just more power. I dunno. Im ready to sell the whole sub setup and stick in an IDmax 10" behind the seat.

Everyone says dds take along time to break in. I know the lower series do. The 1508 has 6 maybe 8 spiders. Your w7 has one maybe two? If your 1508 is new take it easy first few days then ease in to it more and more. As for a box it seems most people run from .75 to 1 cube. 1 4" aero. Tune 35 ta 38. Rebuild a new box 1ft use a single 4" aero. You can then add wood to lower your volume and also change your port length very easily without rebuilding.

Can you down fire your woofer at the rear and have your port firing forward? Looks like a 8" driver and 4" aero won't fit on the front panel together

Can you down fire your woofer at the rear and have your port firing forward? Looks like a 8" driver and 4" aero won't fit on the front panel together
4" aero will not fit. That opening for the aero port is actually over 5" so I could get a larger port possibly but would take some mods to make it look clean. The sub is slowly starting to sound better but im stil afraid to crank it. Ive been playing it at medium volume for a few days now. I am talking to DD now to see what I can do to fix the enclosure as close as possible anyways. If I could do it over I would have tried 2 2" ports out the back maybe.

DSCF0380.jpg

You have plenty of room for 2 t1510s or 2 1508s behind the seat. I have a reg cab silverado less room than you have I can fit 2 10s or 3 8s n mine. Or take your center out put n a 12.

Try making a loading wall like my avatar. The subs need something to load off of that is solid. Your dash in front of it seems too far away and looks rounded off. I would try this, it's easier than having to build another box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.