Why do some songs sound good while others are harsh?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ItsHammer

CarAudio.com Recruit
Florida
I've noticed this with and without speaker and amp p upgrades and I'm sure alot of it has to do with the recording of the actual song but is there any way to tune a stereo to where pretty much all music sounds good?

Just for example if u feel like checking it out, the chorus on jellyroll song called this down here sounds horrible at high volume, whereas the actual verses sound good. Even at lower volumes the chorus just sounds horrendous. So harsh. Other songs for example, Halsey - without me just sound amazing. I guess that's where the money for production comes in to play.

So how do you tune for huge difference in production quality?

I've noticed this with and without speaker and amp p upgrades and I'm sure alot of it has to do with the recording of the actual song but is there any way to tune a stereo to where pretty much all music sounds good?

Just for example if u feel like checking it out, the chorus on jellyroll song called this down here sounds horrible at high volume, whereas the actual verses sound good. Even at lower volumes the chorus just sounds horrendous. So harsh. Other songs for example, Halsey - without me just sound amazing. I guess that's where the money for production comes in to play.

So how do you tune for huge difference in production quality?
thats just a poor system tune dude. No harshness in my setup with any of those songs. Active network with 31 band EQ and RTA is right up your alley. In other words get a DSP and go active.

I’ve been using amazon music.
standard is 320 kbps. Pay a little more for hd and it goes up to 850. Some music is available in ultra hd goes up to 3730. I think I’m paying around 13 a month for the family package.

I’ve been using amazon music.
standard is 320 kbps. Pay a little more for hd and it goes up to 850. Some music is available in ultra hd goes up to 3730. I think I’m paying around 13 a month for the family package.
Gonna check it out. I pay 10 for Spotify. I'll gladly pay 3.00 more for better quality

Gonna check it out. I pay 10 for Spotify. I'll gladly pay 3.00 more for better quality
I can’t remember exactly what I pay for it I got a six month deal for 5$ a month when they added hd because I was already a subscriber. I think I’m still at 5$. It’s cheaper for a single person. Family gives ya 5 or 6 invites for family members iirr. At least that’s how many it was when I originally signed up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.