why do ppl like to mix match there sys????tems

ChopShop Racing
10+ year member

i cant stand that. i under stand the head unit being dif from everything els, but why (for example) whould you want a audiobahn amp to push 2 rockford fasgate subs with a lightning audio cap, and like a pinox gold processer and stuff. i mean dosent one company make all that stuff? yes they do!

and i would think that the company A would build there amps to better match there own subs. etc....

it just looks alot better (not stollen) and from my experiances, they all sounded better.

i belive the top competitors in spl had mostly all same stuff.

i dont think it saves any money.

its the same i think!!!

or at least close enogh

i am off now to try this GTA3 while driving thing!!!

my 12"sceen is progected(refected) off my dash

chopshopracing.4t.com

Well if you are asking you have no idea what Car Audio is all about. People do it because yes one it saves money, two take for example lanzar make great good qulaity amps but everythig else the make blows so people will get the amp and buy some better subs and caps because they want to sound better and most save money plus it how you sound not how you look remember that yes it might look better but It might not always sound better.

the refleton...

on new C5 corvettes, they also have gages that progect on the window. (it only works at night!!!) by the way so i had this idea to get a bigger sreen without sacrificing space. if i took a macontosh 12" screen, placed it "upside down - umop apisdn" flat on my dash then it would reflect off my window to my eys. as long as its at might, the light from the tv out casts the outside of the window. Legaly, the driver cant see the screen directly too. So i wont get a ticet for that. LOL

my window is about a 40 degree angal i think, but my seat is lower. but what ever it works so i am happy. LOL

sorry i tried but tha camera wont pic up the vidow refection. i dont know why LOL

i hop to get a projector some day. i would like to put it in my front grill so i can pull up to a wall and play games at the street races LOL. mybie i can use that as an exuse to not get a spectating ticket. LOL "no oficer, i wasnt watching the races. i just pulled over cuz i had the suden urge to paly MK3". LOL J/K. i really doubt that would work.

Originally posted by ChopShop Racing i cant stand that. i under stand the head unit being dif from everything els, but why (for example) whould you want a audiobahn amp to push 2 rockford fasgate subs with a lightning audio cap, and like a pinox gold processer and stuff. i mean dosent one company make all that stuff? yes they do!

and i would think that the company A would build there amps to better match there own subs. etc....

it just looks alot better (not stollen) and from my experiances, they all sounded better.

i belive the top competitors in spl had mostly all same stuff.
Why? Often times brands (as Jlman stated) make certain products better, through experience or other. Why settle for aesthetics when you can get performance? A true audiophile would not question such a thing.

A lot of the top competitors have 'all the same stuff' because of sponsorship. It would be difficult for the average 9-5 worker to be a top contender in a DB drag competition without having at least some sponsorship.

Originally posted by ChopShop Racing i dont think it saves any money.

its the same i think!!!

or at least close enogh

chopshopracing.4t.com
You are incorrect, it can save you a LOT of money. If you have all Phoenex Gold equipment and opt for JBL amplifiers instead of PG Ti amps you will save a bundle (although the PG amps are superior - nonetheless, it's an example of saving money for the average person). There are literally thousands of other examples. Most do not have money to throw around, and if it will save even $100 at the sacrifice of nothing but looks, I'd wager the majority would do it.

I mixed brands to save money. My amp is a Kenwood and its great and I got a good deal on it, I could not have got an equivalent Rockford Fosgate amp for my Fosgate sub for the same price, simple as that. If I could have gotten an equal RF amp to the kenwood, I would have done that instead, its all about $. I don't think its any big deal at all

I have Pioneer, USD Audio, Kenwood, and Panasonic in my suv and i did it because for one, it is a temporary set up that was easier on the pocket and for two, I don' t concern myself with matching name brands. I'm not getting paid to sponsor one name therefore i use what i feel will work best for me. Sorta like wearing different name brand clothes!(sorta?! i guess?!)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I mix brands on purpose. I rarely have matching stereo components. I like to try as many different products as possible. This way I can learn first hand experience of many different brands rather than only have experience with one brand. I also do it to save money, and because I do not like certain brands for certain applications. I like Rockford amps for bass but not for mids and highs. I like Alpine amps for mids and highs but for mid/high speakers. I prefer Boston Acoustics for that. How did I find out which brands I do and do not like? By mixing brands. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

companys make different products for different kinda of people, like infinity for example, i love their amp that i am using, the amps are really powerful and run nicely, but i am going more for spl then sq, so even thought infinity perfects are really nice subs, i personally dont want to use them bc they have a ton of sq and good spl, but there are other subs that have more on the spl side and as far as looking stolen i have never looked at someones set up and thought bc there were different brands that it was all stolen

I've never had a system that had anything that matched. You name the brand, I've probably had it in my car at one time or another. I do my basic research, not always for the best quality component, but for the best priced/quality component. The only thing I've been consistent on is having 4 Sony CD Players, just because I like them and they are priced decently. For subs, I've tried brands most people have never even heard of. I've got a new project with these subs made by Q-Power, anyone heard of them? Done some testing and they seem to be pretty decent. Rated at 300 wRMS, only problem is they aren't efficient in turning low amounts of power into sound. You really gotta push that 300 wRMS as close as possible. I can't complain though, got the subs for free from a guy who works for Q-Power. Anyhow, I'll try anything and everything, just to see what happens.

thats cool and all; after all its your system, not mine. im going for show look and good spl. i dont want the best, i just don't want to have my system sux. i really dident know why all mix matched. but i guess i can understand if yall r doing it only for SPL or only for SQ, or both.

Thanks

same amps same- mid tweet- all should be well only thing diff amp wise thats ok is subs..think about why i am saying this from a part by part issue....it becomes clear

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.