Why do ppl hate on JL?

yeah i know JL does make good products i just dont like that their expensive...and in canada..its really hard to find underground products even with online purchasing...customs nail u with taxes

see this is my point...whenever the word JL is mentioned ppl just hate...like i know this is ur opinion...but dont good quality products get respect...
for the djs out there...u see neone hating on 1200s?
1200's are only part of the equation, you have cartridges, the vinyl you are playing and then all the audio gear to make it 'good' or 'bad'. The 1200's are a component, kinda like and XBL^2 motor, or basket, or magnet structure. Hatin' on JL in this instance it like hatin' on Technics, which, aside from 1200's, IS pretty easy to do.

A DJ's thoughts.

The question should be why are so many people crazy about JL. Other than a few subwoofer models whats there to be all gitty about? I dont want a throat choking stiffly regulated amplifier built in China and sold to me at made in america prices. The lower line subs are inferior to what can be bought for the money and the full range/component speakers are just also rans. I've probably had 3 or 4 JL subs in the past. My 1rst a 12" pre fab JL bandbass sub box with a 12W0 I guess. I got that back about 93' and one of my friends still uses it flawlessly to this day. I've had a stealth box in my last car which had a 10W4 (yes thats right, if you dont know ask somebody. it came before the W3's) and 10W3's but that was before the days of super subs ( or at least to my knowledge of them), ebay mark downs, small indepent based high quality bargain priced drivers. I would like to know how JL fans overlooked all the other brands and concluded to buy JL in this day and age?

what do u guys think is the best underground brand? like what if i were to buy an amp and a sub? same price range for a jl e1400d and one jl12w3..what would u choose?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.