Why do people think large cars **** for systems?

I get decent gas mileage and my insurance is not expensive. I didn't need longer wiring either. I did fine with 17ft RCAs and an "amp install" kit from Knukonceptz. On top of all that, my car doesn't rattle badly either. A bit of sound deadening on the trunk lid and floor did the job. Oh yeah, and my car came stock with a bunch of chrome. So how about before you decide to be an idiot, you get your facts straight.
So ur telling me a smaller car w/ a smaller engine wont be cheaper to insure and wont get better mileage? R u telling me a smaller car uses equal length of power/ground cable as a larger car such as a crown vic? R u telling me the the sound wouldnt differ between a large car and a small car w/ equal amount of deadener? And idk why u even brought up stock chrome lol. You know im talkin about mutherfukkers that spend thousands on 26s and 28s rather than fixing their voltage and trunk rattle issues. All im saying is if u take a large car and a compact and put the same size/brand/model sub and amp, same amount of deadener and cable, the smaller car is going to get louder on the meter. When I was in Texas I saw a Coupe DeVille with 8 10s in the trunk... Sounded like trash and just rattled like crazy. The dude wasted all this money on lambo doors, swangas, monitors in the doors, playstations, etc... He could have taken HALF that money and put it towards better audio. My brother had a civic hatchback back in like 97 w/ 2 15" JL W0s and he was WAY louder STILL with WAY less power, less cone area and no deadener/HO alts or extra batts. I think he was hitting 46ish if I recall

yea im not tryin to start $hit, all im saying is that the money spent buying, maintaining, modding a large car will go further w/ a smaller vehicle. I have nothing against big cars... They're just hard to get loud

the money spent buying, maintaining, modding a large car will go further w/ a smaller vehicle. I have nothing against big cars... They're just hard to get loud
x2, I drive a large trunk car and I feel the pain. If those phuckers at my local stereo shop can find their SPL mic already...

btw the 0 gauge power cable that I used for my Golf WAS long enough for me to use it in m Deville, but I had maybe 10 inches of give once the wire is in my trunk so I got lucky.

More work from subs to sound anything in big cars than little. It is like taking a subwoofer for home system and it play really loud in regular house, but then you take it to a auditorium and hook it up and it is not as loud. Same concept. More air space is less as loud.

It is sooooooooooooooooooooo costly to make a bigger car loud.

I love my Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.