Why do people think large cars **** for systems?

Large cars like that are typically better if SQ is the goal, but as others mentioned not as good for SPL. Like any vehicle, in the right hands they can get loud, but it will take more work or more gear to do it.

I have an 06 impala
I have a forth order with 2 12" that fires thru the center of the rear seat, so no sound gets lost in the trunk
How does it sound? Just curious, because im thinking thats going to be my next box design.

imo Marquis do get loud. maybe not to the meter but to the ear it does.
want to know what big body car is hard to get loud? my 03 Deville
Exactly, same way my Crown Vic is, why i dont bother to get it metered..

don't know if this dude is on here but he has 2 15 shades on a 3000d in a lincoln towncar...he has a nice can trick vid and some lil hair trick vids too...**** bangs:

Exactly.

I always have people questioning if I really have 15s in my trunk. I don't know if it's cause I have an '08 or what but it's going to take gobs of power to get this Marquis "loud".

I've had a lot of bad experiences with "trunk suffocation" in those cars. It's a weird phenomena regardless of the amount power or moving mass. If you crack the trunk lid the car pounds, shut it and it's gone! There's usually such a seal in the trunk of those cars, I get away with using the trunk as an enclosure. Port the rear deck!

i LOOOVE my 18" sundown in my 95 crown vic...yes they take a little more power to get loud..but it is 100% worth it to have an option outside of walling a car to fit 2 18's lol

Box chevys and such are hard to get loud unless you remove the rear seat. Remove the rear seat and cut some sheetmetal out and you basically got an SUV, lol.
Mine's a bubble Chevy (I hate putting it that way). I think it gets loud for what it is.

i LOOOVE my 18" sundown in my 95 crown vic...yes they take a little more power to get loud..but it is 100% worth it to have an option outside of walling a car to fit 2 18's lol
How much power are you giving it? Any vids?

What makes it bad for a basshead, makes it perfect for an IB install //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

big cars = longer cable runs, more interior volume/more air to move, more deadener, more gas, higher insurance, etc...

Plus those beefers usually ARE trunk cars and rattle like $hit cuz the naggerz that mod them spend more money on chrome than SPL

big cars = longer cable runs, more interior volume/more air to move, more deadener, more gas, higher insurance, etc...Plus those beefers usually ARE trunk cars and rattle like $hit cuz the naggerz that mod them spend more money on chrome than SPL
useless comment half of this is B/S

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.