Why do people put enormous bass in their cars?

I'm just saying if there is a point in the loudness then it makes sense. There are a lot worse hobbies out there, and worse things to waste money on. If you're winning a trophy, and you enjoy it then why not? If you're just driving around looking at how many people are staring at your piece of **** car that's rattling then you just look like a moron.
What if I'm driving around enjoying the experience of hearing and feeling intense bass? Why is your dichotomy between "competing" and "pissing off people"? I aim to do neither. It's for MY enjoyment, no one else's.

Besides, my motto is "the louder it is outside the car, the less loud it is inside." So deaden that **** and enjoy it more!

That feeling is just unbelievable. I'm not huge on showing off, none of my friends have systems so there's not really any competition going. I just cannot stave off my addiction to that pressure and vibration in a car. Adore it. Plus, to me, nothing sounds as amazing as a really deep, warm bassline given the right speaker support. However, bass alone *****. When the full package comes together it's pure bliss.
Also, when I -do- show off, I'm one of those guys that prefers a "surprise" system. If it were possible to make my car silent from the outside I'd do it.
dot

The reason I went with the CVX was to get decent SQ but still have the ability to get loud. I like the L7 for how loud it gets, but the square isn't very clean. The CVX has the L7 motor structure with a round woofer so I figured it would be almost as loud as the L7 but a lot cleaner. The only reason I went with Kicker was because I used to work at Circuit City. These were only $120 each. I couldn't pass that up.
Thank you yes you can easily get hearing loss form a lot of bass.

a 145db inner organ massage is fun.

car audio is my anti-drug.... i spendz all my moneyz on the subs and amps so theres no budget for the drugs hahaha

Now that I am a bit older I just want a 10-12" sub to add some kick drum to the music I listen to. No more rap.
I'm more than twice your age and I like some Hip-Hop. In fact, I've had the last Zion I and Mighty Underdogs records in heavy rotation for months. My sub is a BA 10" with a PR in a .5ft3 enclosure. There's a big difference between listening to music and listening to sound. That's where the line is drawn. You're only 22. Isn't it a bit early to condemn an entire genre on the basis of an ignorant social stereotype? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

a 145db inner organ massage is fun.
car audio is my anti-drug.... i spendz all my moneyz on the subs and amps so theres no budget for the drugs hahaha
LOL

Plus the building/designing is really satisfying. I mean, sure, if you just run up to Circuit City and point at stuff on the wall then that's one thing, but to build a custom box and actually design the setup piece by piece is a really fun project. Maybe I'm alone, but I really enjoy doing all that. One big reason I'm excited to get started again, it's been too long.

I was addicted to cocaine. As stated, car audio requires all of my money.

I spend all of my time building and researching. There is no time nor money for my ex-Cocaine addiction.

We just enjoy it man, it's some people's cup of tea to ride around with their pure SQ systems not bumping at all, not rattling. A lot of people I know WANT to rattle, think it proves something. Well that's just dumb, aint it?

I'm more than twice your age and I like some Hip-Hop. In fact, I've had the last Zion I and Mighty Underdogs records in heavy rotation for months. My sub is a BA 10" with a PR in a .5ft3 enclosure. There's a big difference between listening to music and listening to sound. That's where the line is drawn. You're only 22. Isn't it a bit early to condemn an entire genre on the basis of an ignorant social stereotype? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
that totally depends, because as you get older you should in theory or people atleast like to say it. You get smarter with age, that would mean the older you get the less stereotypes you should have. However it seems to work the opposite.

that totally depends, because as you get older you should in theory or people atleast like to say it. You get smarter with age, that would mean the older you get the less stereotypes you should have. However it seems to work the opposite.
This makes no sense, whatsoever, in light of the text you quoted. One can only gather that you tried uploading something resembling a linear thought, but were too frucking dumb to make it work.

Mr. Deitz, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.