Why are my amps getting so FU**ING HOT!!!

Well maybe I will look into building a case for the RF amp with 2-3 fans on either side in a P/P configuration. Can someone give me any suggestions on how to go about doing that? I would like to be able to still see the LED gauges on the front of the amp. Something with as small a footprint as possible and easy to get at and manage would be nice.
I havent seen a whole lot of amp rack builds, let alone ones with custom cooling solutions incorporated. Except for one by Lukethebeast101 on youtube. But that's in an SUV with alot of room to work with. This is in the trunk of a Pontiac G6 GT :p

And I didn't mean a fan just pointed into the trunk. That would be stupid haha
Lol, I wasnt cheesin on u man i was refering to some of the earlier posts. U got it now man but Id bet once u get it mounted all will be fine. And to the t2000 that went up in smoke that just verifies that excessive heat could be a symptom of an underlying problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sell it and buy a BC3500. You will be a lot happier than fosgate's junk.. just my 2¢ but I believe its way overpriced and quality is not that great..
BC3500 was one of my choices but then I was able to get a brand new BDCP for $960CND Total cost after shipping and customs

The rf amp is upside down rendering the heat sink useless in ur case. That amp was not designed to be ran this way. Find a place to mount the amp upright and get a fan if needed. To ur ? about heat. I am not a designer so I dont know the exact physics but amps have a power supply side and an output side, both of which create heat. i dont know much about those new rockford guts but if u do some research u may find ur amp might have an issue whether it be on the power supply or output side. Eitherway start by mounting it correctly.
Well I finally got around to flipping the RF amp around the other way tonight. Went for a drive after and ran on it what I would consider fairly hard considering what I'm powering and being on stock electrical. It was still getting kinda hot but it wasn't even close to as hot as before. Granted though when I took my drive it was around 7-730 at night and was a fair amount cooler out than at high noon, so I'll have to see how it fairs tomorrow in the hot sun :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.