Whose running a Mechman alt.?

Mechman good?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
I have a mechman in my avalanche. It did the job. It would only charge at mid 13 volts after about a years use. That could be a corroded ground or something though, so im not blaming the alternator here.

We put a mechman in my fiance's bro's 4runner. He had bought a kinetik battery on ebay, and bought the alty from mechman. They sent us a messed up harness (two wires were backwards, as in they swapped harness ports), which in turn cooked the battery because the alternator wasnt charging. After about two weeks of him telling us it was our fault, we sent him the harness and he finally fessed up to the actual problem. The best he could do for the cooked battery was offer us an average price on an XS.

+1 for good alternators

-1 for bad service

Im mutual.

Have you used Mechman?
No, have use Mean Green, Iraggi, Powermaster, Ohio Generator and EA though. So i'm not new to the game or a nuthugger spouting off cause everyone else likes something. I believe there was a challenge issued a while back by DC to Mechman, don't remember the outcome............................... Go with what you want, i went with DC because i don't like alts that fail.

my mechman 250A for my 04 is a beast.

with only one battery and 2500watts system (very efficient I'd say- zx2500.1), I always stay above 13 volts. even at hard bass hits.

Got to add this-- I have no experience with other companies so I cant say anything really, but all I can say is I am happy with my Mechman alt. They will see me again for my other vehicles.

my mechman 250A for my 04 is a beast.
with only one battery and 2500watts system (very efficient I'd say- zx2500.1), I always stay above 13 volts. even at hard bass hits.
Got to add this-- I have no experience with other companies so I cant say anything really, but all I can say is I am happy with my Mechman alt. They will see me again for my other vehicles.
Thanks. I mean we have the same vehicle for the most part, but mines a year older.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...