Who's Up for what I call a "Challenge"?

I am looking to put together a ''$1000'' system for $500, and according to a topic here, i saw someone was looking to get a $2000 system of pioneer speakers or something, and someone started ripping them apart saying that they could "put together a system for half that price."

Respectively, I know nothing about this stuff, and I want to know if it would be possible to do that for $500 (You know, throw together a sweet, yet inexpensive system) and what it would be comprised of.

Thanks for you input in advance,

Thenewkiddownts

Depends what you were looking for and if you could do your own installation. Craigslist and the classifieds would definitely be your friend.

these guys are asking what u want and not really giving you options so ill try to help a little. (not knocking anyone here) but are you looking for sound quality or loud? are you poking for one or two subs? ( what size ) what kind of vehicle do you have and does having trunk space matter to you. are you looking to replace the factory radio? and could you go over 500 if needed. cuz often in this hobby a 500 budget gets pushed up to a 600 or 700 budget pretty fast.

but if you wait for the right items to come across at a low price u can make that budget but if u want it now u wil pay more. so how soon do u want ur system?

these guys are asking what u want and not really giving you options so ill try to help a little. (not knocking anyone here) but are you looking for sound quality or loud? are you poking for one or two subs? ( what size ) what kind of vehicle do you have and does having trunk space matter to you. are you looking to replace the factory radio? and could you go over 500 if needed. cuz often in this hobby a 500 budget gets pushed up to a 600 or 700 budget pretty fast.
but if you wait for the right items to come across at a low price u can make that budget but if u want it now u wil pay more. so how soon do u want ur system?

really easy too, i went from ordering a sub, to buying fron comps, rear coaxials amp for the doors, amp for the lows, a bunch of wire and luckily i have a used HU so i went from a $300 spending limit on a sub to a lil over 1k for everything else :S and i still haven't started with the box which most likely someone on here will design since i want to take a crack at putting that together as well!

I Got plenty of time (Like until this summer and then some) but it would be fine to go over to 600 but i called it a challenge for a reason lol. I Don't quite care for trunk space, although it would be nice to be able to put a backpack or two in there (Seeing as i am still in school)

and I'm talking about a nice sounding set of speakers and subs that would make your average friend who's used to low quality speakers say "wow! that's nice!" (which shouldn't be too hard lol)

Minimum 2 speakers and 2 Subs and if you can, an amp.

My brother got a pretty intense sound system for ~$1000 or less (maybe $900) and installed it himself over the course of a month as it arrived.

It consisted of 2 10" MTX thunder 4500 subs (that he got cheap apparently for ~$60 or something that blew my mind) and an amp for each one (a 600 watt SPL amp; MRP-500 Alpine amp) 2 polk audio DB6501 6.5" speakers A sony CDX-GT63OUI Head unit and a couple tweeters along with a Tsunami 1.2 farad power capacitor hooked up in a nissan maxima (It killed his alternator once so he had to buy another one and then i don't think that worked out because there were no "alternator upgrades" from the one he had

Well By System I Mean Everything you need for a truly COMPLETE setup, but i guess the bare necessities would be a few speakers and two fair subs with an amp (and the wiring of course)
My brother got a pretty intense sound system for ~$1000 or less and installed it himself over the course of a month as it arrived.

It consisted of 2 10" MTX thunder 4500 subs and an amp for each one (a 600 watt SPL amp; MRP-500 Alpine amp) 2 polk audio DB6501 6.5" speakers A sony CDX-GT63OUI Head unit and a couple tweeters along with a Tsunami 1.2 farad power capacitor hooked up in a nissan maxima (It killed his alternator once so he had to buy another one and then i don't think that worked out because there were no "alternator upgrades" from the one he had
I don't see a head unit, comps, comp amp, a sub, sub amp, and all necessary wiring coming in under 500.00. Not to mention the battery you will likely need to avoid killing your alternator like your brother did. If you want any kind of quality that is. I hope I'm wrong.

check on the skar vvx. a lanzar opti2000d or some cheap like that. (amp will be spend but cheap is okay as long as it meets your power requirements and isn't a total POS.) then a custom box and maybe some co axials and that will be your budget right there. i can get you the skars pretty cheap.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/wanting-buy-wtb-car-audio/535013-wtb-cheap-amp-1000w-over.html#post7912119 check out some of these amps

Well the other day i saw some decent Brand New Unopened Never Installed Polk Audio speakers on craigslist for free. They were gone in an hour after being posted Lol.

And

A month or two ago one of my friends gave My close friend a complete and uninstalled sound system for free (It was only worth like $300 so i assumed it was a pile of garbage), but it really is SOO much better than the stock speakers on his car. So i know it can be done, but i don't know if i would personally be able to do it.

you could go with a pre made system and some co axial s for that budget too. i got a buddy that will be selling a bnib fusion active wedge. it sound really lound and impressed my friends before i upgraded. and doesn't take up a ton of trunk space. pm me if ur interested.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.