Who's runnin' their Eclipse 8455 active?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hoot
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a CD8455 as a source for my CDT Eurosport braxials. Right now, I am using the Z-series crossovers on them. I want to consider running active.

Does this make sense only if I go w/a three-way stage? Also, I plan on adding the Upstage/Stagefront system to my A-pillars... not sure if this is really possible if I were to go active.

Anybody experience a similar situation?

I'm running my whole setup active the the 8455 as well. Great HU to run active. So yea in order to go active you must to go into pro mode and select 3 way as your choice to run active.

Hey, fellas, I realize all of the above... I guess I am wondering how to go about this if I am running only a two-way set plus sub. In pro-mode, we are really talking a 4-way setup when including the sub (= three-way + sub). Right now, I have only braxials (two-way) plus the sub -- see what I am getting at? Not sure how I would likely best utilize the dsp if running active.

Also, since I guess I really tossed out a two-part question, the issue also includes the the implementation of the Stagefront system off an active setup -- here, I guess I just run the blending modules following the amp and split the two tweeters with it?

Fantastic, then how about some advice for how not to blow my drivers - I just haven't done it before. Do you just set the crossover frequencies on the HU and then wire things up? I mean how do you tune things? Sure, I know how to manipulate the settings, but how does one do this both strategically and safely at the same time? I assume things are set and then forgot - can settings be locked for safety? Otherwise, one mistaken move with the dsp button and pow....

yes , more power, more control, more dynamics, more volume! Go for it!
I am running a 1996 Reference Picasso, bridged. Bridged, the amp is rated for 2 x 100 RMS at 12v; Four-channel mode the amp is said to give 25 x 4 RMS at 12v. Still think active is the way to go? I suspect it is... I am just curious to hear the justification for as to why. Thanks for any thoughts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.