99 Dodge Ram club cab speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tranus1923
10+ year member

I ordered a set of Boston Pro's 6.5 for the front doors to replace the 6x9's. Do they make an adapter plate for this? or will this need to be custom made? In the back doors there are 5 1/4 speakers. Should I go with this or maybe put 6.5 there also? And will the 6.5 fit? Was thinking another set of Boston Pro's or MB Quart "Q" series. Any ideas? Does anyone have a Dodge Ram they have changed from the stock size speakers?

Thanks,

$15 plus whatever shipping would be suit you okay?

For the rears I would just go with the OEM size in some decent coaxials. I don't subscribe to the rear fill is evil notion (I have a component set in the rear as well as up front) but I am the decided minority on this. I reckon most would suggest to just do some decent coaxials if you bother to replace them at all.

Thanks for showing me where to get the brackets at. I definately want to replace the stock speakers in the back. I take it most people don't think its worth putting good speakers in the back door?

Thanks,

Thanks for showing me where to get the brackets at. I definately want to replace the stock speakers in the back. I take it most people don't think its worth putting good speakers in the back door?

Thanks,
Not in the back door specifically - as not all vehicles' rear speakers are in a door. The commonly accepted wisdom 'round these parts is that rear fill (regardless of where it is mounted) is unnecessary at best and a complete waste of time and $$ at worst. As I said - this isn't a theory I subscribe to but I am in the decided minority.

Ok, for the back door speakers I'm looking at getting....

DIAMOND AUDIO D651A D6 5.25" COMPONENT SPEAKER for 158.99 ..or

DIAMOND AUDIO D651I D6 5.25" FULL RANGE SPEAKER for 137.99

Think thats a good pick? Don't want to go as expensive for the back as I did the front. Then I need to look into an amp to run them.

Thanks,

PS thanks dak0ta_g33k for showing me another adapter set.

Id spend the money you got for the rears on a nice amp ..

Rearfill sux..

what all are you planing to install?

any subs or do you already have that stuff?

Peace Troy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.