who's done a blow through?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I did it with my current truck...not hard to do really. I don't have any pics though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

The only problem I'm having now is that my current setup is literlly breaking the weld seams from when the hole in the bed was reattached.

I did it with my current truck...not hard to do really. I don't have any pics though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
The only problem I'm having now is that my current setup is literlly breaking the weld seams from when the hole in the bed was reattached.
so you've been there and back again? I'm guessing this because having that reattached would make it hard for a blow through lol.

what was the cost to have it cut? then you just kept the metal and welded it back on?

so you've been there and back again? I'm guessing this because having that reattached would make it hard for a blow through lol.
what was the cost to have it cut? then you just kept the metal and welded it back on?
I don't remember how much it cost, but yes, I kept the metal and just had them reattach it when I was ready to go a different direction.

I don't remember how much it cost, but yes, I kept the metal and just had them reattach it when I was ready to go a different direction.
that sounds easy enough. I've got a friend whos dad owns a body shop so i'm sure he could hook me up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

check this out...
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f27/blow-through-build-log-291662/

very informative. It will decrease the re-sell value, but in your case your gonna keep it for a lonnng time i guess. good luck

Cody
that answers a lot of questions, but he did it wrong i think. I want to have the box coming into the cabin about an inch so i KNOW there will be no moisture getting to my subs lol

I agree, I would have a tonneau cover on the bed first, and also not just put bed liner on the box. It would have to be sealed better than that.

But i figured it would give you a general idea of some aspects of it.

I agree, I would have a tonneau cover on the bed first, and also not just put bed liner on the box. It would have to be sealed better than that.
But i figured it would give you a general idea of some aspects of it.
all he did was put bedliner on the box?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif:confused://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

i'm gonna make it impossible for anyone to steal. I think i'm going to put the sheet metal around it so it would take some serious drilling to get anywhere

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.