who too trust on box tuning aka port length ect.

Participant count
  • Participant list

rrob69ewf
10+ year member

boise
Ok I have been all over a few sites trying to find the correct length of port for a box I am building for my 06 gmc crew cab. I already have it built... 2000 cu inches after the sub. figure about 90 cu inches for the port at almost 13 inches from what i can figure. that is aprox.

my problem is I go to different sites and get different lengths on the port varying about an inch. I would like to get this right. I am looking to get 33 hz if possible

if i do the math it looks like 13.6

i get on different sites and it looks like 12.2-13.9 kinda seems like a big difference

I also tried the winsid program and it just kicked me in the jewels.. I could use some help if someone doesn't mind.

btw these are soundstream SS10Rs one per chamber

I would use a single chamber. RE's calc works pretty good far as I can see for tuning. I doubt if one inch difference is going to be something you can hear and barely measure.

carstereo.com has a calculator that is actually correct. RE's calculator is definitely not accurate. In reality though, you probably really wouldn't notice the difference. Some of the calculators don't factor in end correction for slot ports which makes a difference.

ok I did notice that end correction but it was asked on round ports as well... what is the end correction? I am not up on this I appologize just getting back into this after a long few yrs. Not prison.... kids kind of the same though teenagers lol

i think end correction is where the port comes to the back of the box, and makes the L shape, 2 things happen. it doesnt go all the way back to the back wall, there is still the port width gap. also where it makes the corner of the L, its a little longer than the port width.

The Torres App is really good .. it factors in sub displacement, bracing displacement n such .. also gives u better options as far as ports as opposed to the RE calculator that only gives u a slot port option.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.