Who said a box NEEDS Nails???

Omarvelous
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Queens, NY
Ok.....

Gave aanother try to my special box. I already returned the drill, but still had my Liquid Nails HEAVY Duty

So i just slapped the pieces together with it.

PRETTY strong stuff!!!I was wondering would i still need the screws? or could a hammer and nails do the trick?

Will have pics soon!

You arent supposed to use nails, you are supposed to use screws.

But do you absolutly need them? No

Might wanna look into gorilla glue if you are really mind-set on not using them.

liquid nails ****, if you use wood glue, and clamp the pieces together, the glue will be stronger than the wood, no screws, no nails, nothing

Are u serious? Maybe the regular kind, but the Heavy Duty is REAL strong.

And as for the gorilla glue and wood glue, i'm going to look into that.

Also considering using resin.

Even Contact Cement.

u could put some nails just in case. but i mean, c'mon. how much r nails/screws n how much longer does it take u compared to buying the extra strong glue.

O i have already bought the screws.

It's just i'd have to buy a screwdriver, which is no prob, 14$ at target.

it's jut the PRE DRILLING that's gonna kill me.

If i do use screws would have to predrill like over 100 holes.

I'd rather use nails, just hammer them in, OR even get a nail gun.

Nhonestly i just rather buy the extra glue considering the ease and time consumption as oppose to the screws.

If i find some1 i know with a driver, i'll put some in.

How big is this box?? 100 screws seems like overkill for anything.

At most you should do a screw every 5-6 inches.

Oh, and i dont know what liquid nails you have used, but i use the clear stuff in the squeeze tube and that stuff HOLDS. I had to get a jigsaw to get my box apart.

lol i was going to do a screw every 2 inches.

The box is a wedge

Top is 9 1/2"

Bottom 15 1/2"

Width is 28.5"

Height is 16.5"

I used the Liquid Nails Heavy Duty and is a beige color, which is also strong.

You know how heavy MDF is, and i can lift this on anyside, and not worry about it braking.

Will stand on it as soon as i got it complete.

I'm 200 pounds, that should be a GOOD test.

lol i was going to do a screw every 2 inches.
The box is a wedge

Top is 9 1/2"

Bottom 15 1/2"

Width is 28.5"

Height is 16.5"

I used the Liquid Nails Heavy Duty and is a beige color, which is also strong.

You know how heavy MDF is, and i can lift this on anyside, and not worry about it braking.

Will stand on it as soon as i got it complete.

I'm 200 pounds, that should be a GOOD test.
2" is A LITTLE bit of an overkill. But yeah, once my liquid nails hardened completely, that piece wasn't going anywhere.

I put a screw every 3" for my box and that was for warped plyboard... Straightened that stuff out for sure but it was still overkill. I'd say a screw every 4" is perfect...

Liquid nails is awsome works good for sealing the inside. Especially if the tube explodes, you can just finger it in the seams, and the leftover can go on the outside to make it all pretty and stuff ;-)

I use wood glue...pre-drill the holes and countersink my screws. I have 3 18v drills...so one is for pre-drill, one for countersink, one for drilling. Piece of cake...peace

NG

Urethane glue, and good clean straight cuts will get all the strength you will ever need unless you are talking some high power SPL application. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.