WHO NEEDS NEW EQUIPMENT?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I generally search through these, and occasionally find some stuff. I bought some garage equipment when an auto repair went out of business. I bought a new air conditioner for about 10% because it had a damaged side. Here is an audio shop that went out of business.

I piss some of you off if one or two of you already knew about this. I haven't seen an audio shop go like this before.

15.% buyers fee, (added on top of bid for the auction house), + about average shipping costs, i.e. $30 for a head unit is my guess. There is too much gear here for one person. It's going to go higher here, and unlike ebay, you can't be bid sniped here, (if a bid is placed within the last 3 minutes, the timer resets to 3 minutes). If you get close to something, you can always set an alarm to watch the end, and you won't get bid sniped.

Details of how it works are in there. If I can answer any questions, message them or post em. Pretty similar to ebay, but you can read the differences. There's a lot of good stuff in here.

I would expect most stuff to final price about 50-80% of what you can find it for, (after fees). You might get lucky. There's a few enclosures if they fit, and you're close enough that I bet will be great deals for someone.

Last edited:
Thanks man!! Im deff always looking for a great deal on something new or good used gear. I prob dont need any more audio gear, but I seem to always buy something thinking Ill try it out and run it for a few weeks. LOL. Ill check it out for sure. looks promising!!

How do you place a WATCH on an item after registering? Im not able to find that
On the top of the item picture there is a STAR. On the top left you have WATCH LIST to see everything.

I usually do a quick search of what stuff costs, ADD A NOTE, and just write in the dollar amount I found it for (and hit enter).

Last edited:
I had a fosgate punch p1000x2 that blew not too long ago when one of the caps fried. I'm keeping an eye on those, the hertz speakers are good stuff, and the alpine head units. LOTS of subs in there.

On the top of the item picture there is a STAR. On the top left you have WATCH LIST to see everything.

I usually do a quick search of what stuff costs, ADD A NOTE, and just write in the dollar amount I found it for (and hit enter).
Im Blind worse than a Dammned Bat man. LOL Thanks!! I found it!!

I had a fosgate punch p1000x2 that blew not too long ago when one of the caps fried. I'm keeping an eye on those, the hertz speakers are good stuff, and the alpine head units. LOTS of subs in there.
Yes. Im looking at the Stinger RCAs deff can have too many of thiose either. Im seeing some dammned good stuff for sure. Im an audio hoarder so this will prob be another home for me to spend time for sure

Yeah, I have my build all pieced out. I've got a pile of stuff I put on Clist, and I can't help wanting to get a few things that I don't need, if I can get a deal on em. It probably won't go low enough you could flip anything, but I'M GUESSING the small stuff should save 10-25% on best prices.

There's quite a few alpine head units that are $800 & $900. I'll bet those go for $500-$700 (after fees).

Last edited:
Have you used this site?
At least 20 times. I have not used this specific auction house. If you search around, you should find plenty of auctions that are local to you. The majority of the auctions on here are Amazon returns, Home depot returns, estate sales, small cities governments selling vehicles (theirs and impounded). Some of the more rare auctions are companies going out of business (like this one).

I've bought a 30 ton shop press for $80 (100 miles away). A new heat pump set with a dented grate for about 10% of retail (500 miles away). A $300 bicycle for $50 (15 miles away). Some LED bathroom lights for about 10% (2.5 miles away). I bought this engine block for $20 with the stand, (still haven't verified if its as good as it looks). (I'm a disabled vet with more time than money, so I enjoy having a reason for the drive).

engine block aluminum.jpg

I've had two problems with auctions, one was a person who bought some home depot pallets and was selling it out of their garage. The item was missing, and they offered me something else, (which meant someone else must have not gotten what they won). It didn't go perfect, but they tried to fix it when the problem showed itself.
I also won a new door handle from a newer auction house. Got it home, and it was someone's old handle with paint covered over it, and all of it was loose in the box. It was sealed with scotch tape, and they just played dumb. I've had 90+% good experience with the auctions.

I looked and this auction house has their own website. It says they have been doing this since 1976. I'm certainly going to bid on a few things that I don't need.

Last edited:
I hope it ended up helping someone in here. I was right there on the Morels, but didn't need em, so I dropped out earlier than I would have, I think someone scored on those. All the Hertz speakers went for about half or less. Somebody got a great deal on some subs, and I see some of the subs went for higher than what they could have gotten em for after the fees and shipping. Hope if any of you bought subs, you factored shipping into that. Those $8 & $900 Halo head units went for about half.

If you bought anything, I know it said it might take em a few weeks to get it out. I would expect a couple weeks, and don't panic when it does. (They are most likely going to be busy over the next several days for people who come in and pick stuff up). They have other auctions to keep the cycle going, will need to organize it all after you've paid, and more or less get some free time to take care of all of that.

If you're still bidding, don't get suckered by 472. That's an alpine box with a factory head unit pulled out, and inside an alpine box. They almost got me with that one, but that's what you have to be aware of.

699 looks like someone bid $150 on a box of cables for a $300 head unit. Unless I'm missing soemthing.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...