Any Thoughts on DD Audio Speakers?

DazzMW

CarAudio.com Newbie
Mars
I can find no reviews or anyone that actually uses DD Audio speakers or products in their car but their speakers are some of the best that I can find (in the 5 1/4inch size anyway).
I was recommended their 'dd audio cs 5.2' component speakers from a audio shop. They have 50W RMS and 90DB sensitivity which is very good but I cant find anyone else that has actually uses them and none of their speakers come up on "top speakers" list even though these have better specs.
Why is this?
I would like to know before I buy them.

There are no less than 5 brands/models of speakers that are as good as if not better than the DD midranges. If you can't find a dealer, buy something online that has good reviews instead.

I do have a dealer for them. Im tossing it up between those and Rockford fosgate r1525x2 and r152-s which both have less output and less DB than the DD speakers

After buying raw drivers I will never go back to component sets. Being 5.25" makes it slightly harder though. I don't really have anything bad to say about DD other than I hate companies that do dealer only.

When PRV rolls out their motor sports line will it address the fitment issues you discussed? I'm willing to pay for great sound, but having to modify brackets or pods on a trial and error basis would deter me from using that setup when close alternatives are available that would drop right in. Then again maybe there's a market for guys to mail you their pods and the shop does the mods and sends them back with speaks installed. Might work for us guys that can't ride year round.

emi calculator

Last edited:
I can find no reviews or anyone that actually uses DD Audio speakers or products in their car but their speakers are some of the best that I can find (in the 5 1/4inch size anyway).
I was recommended their 'dd audio cs 5.2' component speakers from a audio shop. They have 50W RMS and 90DB sensitivity which is very good but I cant find anyone else that has actually uses them and none of their speakers come up on "top speakers" list even though these have better specs.
Why is this?
I would like to know before I buy them.
I have the 3-way DD component speakers up front, I picked up a pair of bullet tweeters and 8" midrange for the rear deck and I have two of the 12" 700 series subs. I am running the M2 amplifier for the subs and their 4-channel high end amplifier for the mids and highs. I'm more of an audiophile than a bleed my eardrums person. I think the sound quality is seriously incredible as well as the quality of the items overall. I see no one has posted anything regarding your question in 2 years. It is a US made product if that means anything to you as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...