WATER AND SPEAKERS

Participant count
  • Participant list
Raindrops naturally find their way inside your car door and wet your speakers. Is this damaging to the speakers in the short and/or long term? What can be done about it?
It does damage in the long run. The lead wires start oxidizing and can break off. A good product is a foam baffle that is basically a "cup" for the speakers. There are plastic ones as well, in case if you do not have alot of room in the cavity.
Screenshot_20230626-112835.png

Also make sure the weep holes at the bottom of the door are clear.

Last edited:
It is not worth worrying about. You cannot prevent it, but it will not cause a problem as long as you own the vehicle.

Let me put it this way: My 4x4 has had the same rear speakers for 13 years, and they have seen slightly more moisture than virtually any other vehicle with speakers will ever see.
0902191744.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...